Seth Lowe

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 116
How many amplifiers are you pushing? I seen you have a 200a Alternator you got from Nathan. Well he is currently building me a 200a in the large case for my Lesabre. I believe you have the 3.8L also? Is the alternator sufficent for all those amps your pushing?
Im going to be pushing around 1500rms. But I want to be able to use all my acceseriess (blower motor) while I thump. 200a is going to be enough right?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 482
Nathans amplifier is awesome.. His shipping was extremely fast too. Uhmm, about pushing everything.. I have a pair of yellow tops, to help when the bass hits really hard.

My voltage might dip a little bit, (never below 12, that's why I have the pair of yellows), but ONLY during the really heavy bass, that's like a longer steady note.. (Like booooooom, not boom -pause- boom - pause), And even when it does do that, it goes back up nearly instantly.

My lights do dim when driving, but only VERY slightly, and that holds true for if I'm at a stop light w/o the radio, when it drops back down to 12v as well.

I'm pushing now a 400w RMS (4way amp, using it bridged @4ohms), a 320w RMS (4way amp, using all channels, 4x80 @ 4 ohms), a 1200 watt RMS mono amp (xenon 1200.1), and a 1600 watt RMS amp (but running it at 1.34 ohms, not 1 ohm, so only pulling about 1400 from that one).

You'll be more than fine with a 1500 rms amplifier. :-) I doubt your lights will even dim during the hardest bass. And yes, my car has the 3800 series 2, 3.8L.

Let me know how you like yours.. I personally LOVE mine...meets, and exceeds any expectations I had for it.

Seth

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
Sorry, kinda groggy, had a long night and just woke up, lol. by "nathans amplifier" in the first line, I mean alternator. LoL. Just reread my post and was like d'oh!

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 113
how much was the 200 amp alternaotr that nathan built you??

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
It was $270, after shipping. :-)

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 122
Nathan is the man! Sorry for the later reply, just got back to pc. I cant wait to hook it up when it gets here. I listern to real long, low bass lines, like Reggae, Rap. Insane bass lines!
I also have a 1000 crank amp battery, so that should help. How many dbs are you hitting Seth? Im going to get my 2 Treos measured.

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
I hit a little over 150db Termlab legal. :-) And yeah, Nathan is the man, hehe.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 130
Hey, Seth what wire guages are you using?
I got my 200a HO alt, works perfect. But I think im not passing enough current, I have a 4guage cable. I read the max current flow will be 130a with that wire. HO alt does 200a @ idle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
200 at idle?? Hmmm... What do you idle at??

I'm using a combination of 2/0 gauge (5900ish strands),0 gauge, and 4 gauge. Running 2/0 big 3. 2/0 from my battery to my 2nd battery (both pos and negative), then 0 gauge from my 2nd battery to a distribution block, where I run a pair of 4's to my Phoenix Gold (has 2 inputs), a 4 to my 4way, and a 4 to my hifonics.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 138
yea 200 @ idle in large casing. Idles at 800 rpm with this new Alternator. Ok, I will run 0ga from front to my second batt in trunk. right now all my wires are only 4ga.

Silver Member

Post Number: 685
HMM...anyone know of any kits to allow large cases to be put into a 3800 series II?

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 488
I dont know seth..but nathan just sent me my 300amp alt, it should be here by saturday if he mailed USPS first class priority ????? an ill put it in on sunday an see how i like it, it was $380 an i just sent $400 so he could throw in some 0 gauge power wire ( i already have lots of ground wire ) but ill get back to you guys about how it works out an i also bought a inline fuse holder for 24 bucks on ebay to use with the install an that thing showed up today so over all it cost me $424 bucks

Silver Member

Post Number: 686
I paid a little under $300 for my 200 amp alternator and it's great.. just could always use some more power..

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 862
yea, more power the better. Seth I know you have the series 2, I have the series 1. so I had a alot of space acutally. I sent Nathan tons of pics before he decided the large case could fit.

when I get this new 2000 body Cadillac Deville, Ill be puttin atleast 350amps into it!! =D
just got to wait a lil longer......

I paid under 300 but thats a hell of a deal for a HO alternator, that does the job!

Silver Member

Post Number: 690
B, did you mount it in the stock location..? Did you make a kit for it..? Or did you buy a kit to mount it?

how diff is the 3800 from the 3800 II?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 873
It just mounted straight on! The difference is the alternator is mounted in diffrent places, so are some of the pulleys, plus the series 2 has like extra 15-20 horses! =D but its also that new series 3 which is pretty much the same as series 2. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us