Whats a good amp for highs?

ineedadvice
Unregistered guest
what would be a good amp for mids and highs preferably a 4 channel amp and if possible under $200

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2412
for just over $200 you could go with the Kicker KX600.4
75wRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms

or look at JBL's 4 channel amps
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/category.aspx?cat=amp

chad
Unregistered guest
how about something for even cheaper like 50 bucks on ebay?

chad
Unregistered guest
I should have told ya more info, I have 4x6's up front and 6.5 up top and 6x9's in the back. Im running them off the deck right now, all of them. I want to know what kind of cheap amp I should get, and if I should run all the speakers off of the amp or just four of them? The kind of speakers I have are pioneer right now and I am looking into upgrading to the infinity. Thanks

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2446
fifty bucks?
pyramid, boss, legacy.. good luck

chad
Unregistered guest
too low huh? 100 bucks?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2465
looking for a 4 channel amp, the cheapest one I know I'd even consider is $135 or so.
JBL P80.4
40wRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms

go up to about $250-275 and you're in the range of the Kicker KX600.4 and KX800.4 which put out 75x4 and 100x4 respectively, at 4 ohms

Chad
Unregistered guest
ok I have a kenwood 4 channel 250 rms amp pushing my
sub. It sounds good for me, but what if I used that amp for my components and bought a new amp to push the sub? WOuld this be a better idea, and what kind of amp should I get to push one mtx 6000 12?

Bronze Member
Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 33
Hey, I have a brand new Autotek (4x100 RMS) ss600.4, I'll let you have it for $119.00 (what I paid); otherwise, I am very, very happy with a used Eclipse 3650 I picked up on ebay for $109.00 a few weeks ago. I would say Nakamichi, but have an annoying noise in mine, bought new for $129.00 (it is a couple of years old). You can find good stuff on ebay, I must say.

Regards,
Jose

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2491
yeah that is a better bet and get a mono sub amp for the sub. something rated to deliver the power rated for the mtx.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us