Need help...fast

Username: Unreal_bass

Post Number: 6
i got two 13w7s yesterday and want to power them with jl1000/1 but they are alot of money and i found this amp on ebay, is it decent r no? and if u have any other suggestions please respond soon i want this system hooked up nowwwww

http://cgi.ebay.com/4000-WATT-LA2268-2-Channel-Car-Amplifier-Amp-4-Subs-NEW_W0QQ itemZ5838039695QQcategoryZ48599QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 241
no match for those subs, do not do it.

Unregistered guest
I believe that you could get by with one 13w7 instead of 2. You than might be able to use a 500/1 amp but that too would really not drive it to its potential. It is one hell of a driver that is all you will ever need thats for sure.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2574
an orion 2500d would work great with those

Post Number: 7
better than 2 1000/1's?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2575
it would be about the same. and im thinking it would be cheaper then 2 1000/1's, two amps are better then 1, but the orion would put out more power and im sure those subs can take more than there rec rms.

Post Number: 8
awesome, i found a guy on ebay selling one right now and he lives 20min away, always a help chauncey, thanks dude

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
No it is not the orion is most powerfull at 14.4 at 1ohm, those are 3ohm speakers, go to jlaudio.com, the 1000/1 is the bteer amp since it puts out 1000w at 11-14.4volts and is 1.5 to 4ohm rated. the optimumn powere for those subs is like 750 to 1000

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2576
here's a vid of 2 13w7 with an orion 2500d

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/JL/13w7.3.wmv

Post Number: 10
would the orion even handle the ohm load? and if so, with both hooked up what would the wattage be going to each speaker?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
holy....shh...it

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2577
All amps will be more powerful at 14.4 besides jl slash and pg xeon,im sure he will have at least 13.8v of power, and the jl is not a better amp, just depends on what ur looking for, the orion is more powerful, the jl is just more versitle, and more exspensive

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
I ran that amp on 3 orion P15s, it iwas just ok, also i beleive it draws more current then the JL, takes alot to feed it. do not get me wrong it is a nice amp, but I just think the JL is better suited for the Subs and gives a little more flexability as far as ohm loads are concerned.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2578
i agree with 100% but unless he is going to change subs soon who really needs more wiring flexablity, hook it up and go.lol, also if he has a HO alternator that can meet the current demands he will be find. and what are the specs on those p15's??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so what would be better including price and just worrying about blowing the amp and wiring and all that crap

orion 2500d
or 2 jl 1000/1

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
Either way, buy another alternator, you will need it regardless.you wont go wrong either way.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2584
For the price the orion, like i stated up there, im sure u can wire them in a effecient way. I would go orion

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3417
IMO - what i would do is return 1 of those subs & take a JL 1000/1 amp in its place & put that sub in a ported box .........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
my subs are 1.5 ohms, which is .75 ohms right? if i run two wont the ohms be wayyyyy to low for that orion to power??????? if not please explain im confused

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
No, that amp is 1ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
but thats .75 ohms, and two speakers, u sure? and they both need 1000 watts at the least, how u figure, i dont get it

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
Means that amp can run at 1ohm, 2 3ohm speakers =1.75 or so, it is fine, and If you check JLs site it tells you what amp is recomended for that sub, Either the 1000/1(not turned to much, or the 500/1. Over power those subs and prepare to replace them, they are meant to be efficient without a ton of power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
but i foreget where i saw it, it said that my 1.75 ohm speakers have dual sumtin so they run at .75 wtf was that about? and if u run two speakers it doesnt drop the ohm load?

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Yeah, they are dual 1.5 so wire both of them up to a 3 ohm load, then bring it back down to 1.5
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us