Help with alpine 9835 headunit

Username: 01expo

Post Number: 1
i have a 01 expo with boston acoustic front and rear speakers they are run by a jl 300/4 and 2 jl 12w6 with 2 jl 500/1 amps and my problem is i cant figure out how to turn up the treble so that the i can hear the vocals more.. its mainly base right now what do u guys recommend?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1952
the unit has no dedicated treble or bass controls. it's all controlled via the eq. just play with the middle (midrange) to the far right (highs). once you get it to a happy place, hold in whichever number (1-6) until it beeps to designate where the setting will be saved. then hold down the volume knob until it beeps to save it to memory. you could also attenuate the bass (everything to the left of the middle).
it's a fantastic HU imo. you just have to get comfy with the controlls.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1953
the unit has no dedicated treble or bass controls. it's all controlled via the eq. just play with the middle (midrange) to the far right (highs). once you get it to a happy place, hold in whichever number (1-6) until it beeps to designate where the setting will be saved. then hold down the volume knob until it beeps to save it to memory. you could also attenuate the bass (everything to the left of the middle).
it's a fantastic HU imo. you just have to get comfy with the controlls.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1954
wow, my first double post. i think they might need to upgrade their servers. my bad

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 819
also make sure the subwoofer control is cranked up. first click of the knob brings it up.. u can also decrease the subwoofer output by as much as 12 db in the crossover section. i also love the hu.. so thats how u save the eq lol.. i never held the numbers down always had to redo it

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 175
well well... somebody with some taste...( abosolutaly beautifull system youve got there)

i had the saem HU( absolutaly loved it) and a 500/1 with a 10w7.... ur set up is only a dream to me....

neways... like the guys sayd play with the eq and if im not mistaken ur bostons probably have a X-over that came with them... either way... play with ur eq( dainty task, very hard to do on that unit, probably the only downside to the deck) but the eq is very very specific and once you have it perfect voila. if i were you i would play with the X- over on the deck a bit too but make shure you have a very steep cut off...

worse comes to worse, take it to your local car audio genious pop him a 20 and hell get her spiffied up for yeah. thats wat i did when i dint know how to do all that junk... as far as the eq goes i-personalise makes it easy to do and u get 6 shots at making a an eq that u like but its never as good as listening to the music as you play with it.

amazing deck but the eq is tuff to deal with. if you know what ur doing that eq is very...very presise
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us