New system setup

Username: Maxspl

VENTURA , CA US

Post Number: 1
I HAVE BEEN SETTING UP MY SYSTEM THIS LAST WEEK AND NEED SOME POINTERS. ANY HELP OR ADVICE IS NEEDED AND WELCOMED

SO FAR THIS IS MY SETUP KENNWOOD MP3/CD HEAD UNIT PPI 2200 AMP POWERING 2 AWC12S SOON TO BE ID MAXXES IN A SEALED BOX,US ACOUSTICS 4085 4 CHAN AMP POWERING INFINITY KAPPAS I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF WIREING SHOULD BE USED TO POWER THE AMPS , MIN ALTERNATOR SIZE AND IF I SHOULD HAVE THE HEAD UNIT HIGH AND LOPASS SET TO THRU AND WHAT IS THE PROPPER WAY OF SETTING GAINS I USUALLY LISTEN TO ROCK AND RAP THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE ,ALSO HOW SHOULD I WIRE UP THE SUBS TO THE PPI AMP ITS GONNA BE BRIDGED AND IM GETTING THE 2 OHM VERSION

Bronze Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 35
From what I already learned is this forum, any 170Amp alternator will do, and as for the power wiring, I'de say something around 6-8 AWG, and please don't SHOUT!
Enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2387
give me the stock rating of your car's alternator, and the power output at given loads for your amps and I can suggest answers

VENTURA , CA US

Post Number: 2
ok i have a 200 amp alternator and my amp specs are as follpws ppi 2200 800x1@4 ohms us acoustic amp is 120Wx4CH RMS, per channel @ 2 Ohms

VENTURA , CA US

Post Number: 3
i was also told this amp is stable down to 1 ohm

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2442
the audio system alone can draw as much as 250A of current at full output if the PPI is wired to 1 ohm, and the 4 channel amp is at 4 ohms.
that's in addition to the stock alternator draw for the car demands.

Username: Bwhodidit

Post Number: 1
YO GLASSWOLF QUESTION I'VE BEEN IN TO CAR AUDIO FOR A MIN NOW I STARTED INSTALLING AMPS RADIOS SUBS AND MOST OF THE BASIC STUFF SINCE I WAS 12WHEN I GOT TO HS IS WHEN I STARTED TO DO COSTOM JOBS AND WHAT NOT SO PRETTY MUCH I HAVE A GRIP OF THINGS NOW THE THEN TO MY ISSUE I NOW WHAT SOUNDS GOOD AND I NOW WHAT I LIKE BUT I GET ALL MEESED UP WHEN PEOPLE COME TO ME ASKIN WHAT THEY WHAT THEY SHOULD PUT IN THERE CARS I MEAN PERSONALLY MY FIRST SYSTEM CONSISTED OF A JBL EL-KAMELION A 3WAY ACOUSTIC EQ 4X75 SONY X-PLODE AMP PUSHING 2 POWERSONIC 10s AND TO ME I WS GREAT BUT NOT SOMETHING I WOULD RECOMMEND TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW NOW MY LAST CLIENT TOLD ME TO DO AS I FEEL WITH HIS TRUCK SO I PUT AN ALPINE 54X4 CD PLAYER SHERWOOD DIGITAL EQ/AND CROSSOVER AN OLD SHERWOOD RELIC HIGHS AMP FOR TWO MEMPHIS HORNS AND A PAIR OF MEMPHIS TWEETERS A 250WATT SHERWOOD RELIC FOR A PAIR OF 6.5 /5X8s /AND 6X9s
4 MMATTS IN A COSTOM PORT BOX TWO 2.5 FAR DIG CAPS AND TWO MEAN MACHINE 5000X SERIES ON THE SUBS HE LOVES IT AND HE IS SENDING MORE POEPLE MY WAY DO YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD SYSTEM AND DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2467
Alpine and MMATS good.
Sherwood and caps lock key bad.

capacitors don't really help much.
better off having a larger alternator put in to handle the load for big amps.

my general advice is to keep things simple in system layouts.
strong front stage, forget rear fill, good subs, amplify as needed. equalizers cause as many problems as they solve most times, so using them is tricky if you want a good outcome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us