Question With Rca's to amp

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 135
I got a wierd question. Ok what is the big deal if a amp is running off of 1 rca cable or 2 because my amp i have only works when i have one plugged in but when i plug both of them in the amp sounds like it turns off and gets really quiet. ok if both r plugged it does it give it more power rather then just having one plugged in? I also did try changing the rcas already and it still does the same thing, and also if both rcas r plugged in does it make the system sound better and louder or will it sound the same even if only 1 rca is plugged in

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 84
Did you ask this before? I remember reading it.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 136
yes and nobody really gave me an anwser or an opinon

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 137
yes i did but nobody really gave me help with there opinons

Anonymous

The RCA's are meant for different channels. it will not give the amp more power.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 140
i know it wont give it more power but will it make the sub sound better if both r plugged in compared to just one?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 201
well i know if u use two amps...u plug one rca to each amp...and they dont lose any power or quality...so in theory u should be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
how many subs u got running on the amp??

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 141
just running 1 kicker L7, when i plug both rcas in my amp it seems like the power just shuts off but it runs fine off a 1, so thats why i wanna know if I got the same amp that works correctly with both rcas, will it sound better? I'm using the A8000t

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
yes i thinkit would soung better...ask chauncey..ot rovin

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3455
whats the VC on that sub - 2 ohms or 4ohms dvc ????.......

Anonymous

I bet if you go get a RCA cable that has a stereo connection at 1 end and it merges to a mono connection at the other end, you should be fine.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 142
its a dual 4ohm sub wired to 2 ohms I really think its a problem with the amp, but i just wondering if it would sound better with 2 rcas plugged in compared to 1 or is it gonna sound the same

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 143
Ok i got my new amp today and it still does the same thing it only works good with 1 rca plugged in, and i changed the rca cables and it didnt do notting, so idk if thats just how the A8000T works or sumthing else which idk what else it could be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us