Sealed or Ported

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 84
Which would be louder?

Two Audiobahn 1206T 12"s (1100w RMS each = 2200w RMS for pair) in a ported enclosure

or

Two Kicker L5 15"s (750w RMS each = 1500w RMS for pair) in a sealed box?

Both would be wired to a 1 ohm mono load.
Both would also be powered by the same amp...A Soundstream PCA2000D which puts out 2000w RMS @ 1 ohm mono.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 42
Ported will be louder but sealed will sound better.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 43
oh and for the question in your post, it will depend on the box you use, the 2 kicker 15's in a ported box will be the combonation you are looking for.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 296
whatever subs you want, you can easily build a box for them. If you want SQ, go sealed. If you want SPL, go ported. Simple as that.

Unregistered guest
i have a cadence ultradrive z5000 mono class d amp its has something like 750 rms its goind in a 95 blazer what kind and how many speakers will give me the loudest deepest bass

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2451
2 or 3 18's

crazy bass 69
Unregistered guest
what brand/model? ur not helpen me enough

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 472
Crazy, loudest, and deepest dont go hand in hand. A sealed box will be able to play lower frequencies, whereas a ported box would be louder.

About what brand, model, size, and box type you're looking for.. Well, depends on your budget. How many sq feet do you have? Are you willing to make your blazer into a two seater? And your amp, is that the only amp you'll be able to run? Not going to get very much with only 750 RMS.

crazy bass 69
Unregistered guest
deepest clearest bass i can build my own custom fiberglass enclosures so anythings possible im trying to get the most out of this one amp its 750 rms but it like 3000 peak

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2460
budget
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us