Party Planner

Username: Phantoms_party

Post Number: 3
First of all, like my name says, I don't know much about mechanics. So I created this thread to ask about stuff I wanted to put in my truck. (Everything I want I asked someone who said that it's possible)

1. I have recently been given an old surround sound system with a 5 disc player. Could I add this to my truck

2. I also want to put inexpensive subwoofers under my seats. What could I get?

3. I would like to add a regulator like some DJs have to make lights react to the beet of the music.

4. Also, my cuz has a truck that he flips a switch to get the subs to work, how do you do that?

There are probably more things that I want to add to my truck and I'll post them later.

What I am asking, if anyone knows how to do any of these, is how do you hook them up and what would I need to buy. Also, if you know places to buy these things (preferably spending the least as possible) could you add links...Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 277
1. Why?

2. How much room do you have? 8", 10", 12", etc.

3. I seen these regulators on e-bay for $10-15 each that controls up to 4 lights.

4. All you have to do there is cut the remote wire going to your amp and install a switch. Whenever you want your amp to power on, just flick the switch.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 471
1. Why bother with a surround sound setup? CD audio is only 2 channel. Are you planning on using DVD audio? And why use a home entertainment system? These in general dont sound that great in vehicles.

2. Exactly how much clearance do you have under your seats? I've seen a couple very shallow 8" subwoofers, and some even slightly larger, but you're not going to get much bass response from something like this...At least, not what you're probably looking for.

3. You can get a unit that will make your lights flash with the bass at Circuit City. (Streetglow I believe)

4. You simply add a switch, doing this, you can even bypass your remote output on your deck. Simply connect a wire from your battery, fuse block, or other 12v power connection, to side one of the switch, then have a wire running from side 2 of the switch, back to your amplifiers remote turnon. You can also use your remote, like Young James said, and that's always a nice option, so you dont forget to flip the switch off, and kill your batter(y)(ies). However if you're going to be powering the lights with this switch, too, it's important to run your remote wire to a relay first, and use the output from the relay as your new remote wire, so you do not damage your head unit. Or finally, you could run a wire from your accessory fuse to the switch, and from the switch, to your remote turnons. This will pretty much do the same thing as the relay, except you're not using your head units remote output, and it will still turn off with the vehicle.

Seth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us