Whats a good quality budget amp ??

Username: Cyclone

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 6
Whats up bassers ,
I'm looking for a decent amplifier to run 2 bostonacoustic G2's . They are rated at 300 rms and 600 peak . Right now I have an oldschool soundstream reference 500 pushing one and it sounds great , this amp however doesn't have enough power for both so I am looking to upgrade!
I am running 500 watts into 1 dvc 12 , wired in paralel to make a 2 ohm load . This amp puts out 500 watts into a 2 ohm load . These subs can handle some pretty descent power . I was looking into hifonics or phoenix gold but maybe somebody else knows of an amp that is good and won't destroy my bank account . Let me know?!?!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2315
Hifonics, audiobahn, and cadence make the best budget amps

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 7
I know it says Hifonics amps are stable at 1 ohm , but for how long . The bx1500d got some pretty good reviews , and I really haven't heard any bad things about hifonics . For about the same amount of money i could get an orion 600d , phoenix gold xenon 600.1 , or memphis all would run a 1 ohm load . Wich amp would be most stable and efficient . I hear memphis amps are pretty good as well . Basically just looking for the cleanest 1 ohm stable amp that wont melt and doesn't cost a fortune . What do you think would sound the best for under 300 .

Also if I ran those two 12's (600 w rms ) on a hf brutus 1500d would it be too much ? Could the speakers be overpowered and become distorted , Or... if the gains are set right they would run fine . I also have the subs on a kicker zx3 crossover and a 4 volt HU , so the signal would be clean .

Thanks for your help!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3235
out of those u called Orion is the best

yea that amp can push those 2 12s ....

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 127
hey nate i have a hifonics bx 1500d that i got from chauncey i might get rid of it for cheap.say maybe 150 and u pay for the shipping if u want. email me at tommyboy808@hotmail.com if your interested.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3247
u only got that like 2 wks ago - why r u selling it so fast , u intend 2 buy some more powerful subs & that is not enough 4 u ?????.......

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1089
it's never enough. it is an addiction. i need help. lol.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 132
ya i only got it like two weeks ago and im willing to let it go so fast because im upgrading subs and might as well upgrade an amp too lol.yup its to dam addicting lol.

Bronx , Ny Usa

Post Number: 8
An addiction it is . I really can't upgrade anything else in my home so I have to upgrade the ride . Nothing wrong with putting 4 12's in my cable work van lol .

I was wondering how clean those hifonics amps are
And I think I need to upgrade my stock alternator to run more wattage . I'm having trouble right now running 700 watts on this alternator . I have heard the hifonics amps are power hungry .

Thanks for the offer Thomas maybe around Christmas I'll shoot you an email . At 150 for that amp it probablly won't last long!!

Would you say that hifonics makes a decent amp and what did you have running off of it ? My goal is 4 of these bostons with about 450-500 clean watts running to each one . So it would be 2 1500d's for the 4 12's in the long run .

Thanks again

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 136
hifonics are known more for people who are on a budget.actually alot of people think these amps are good for the money and there are also some that wouldnt get it.but as for me it worked well until i sold my subs so i have nothing right now.
i herd someone say that they push more around 1000-1100 watts peak and not 1500.but overall i like the amp very much,just im going to upgrade to something more.watch out ull be an addict too lol,and ull never be satisfied with what u got.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us