Amp help please...

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 37
Can I run a powered sub off of a 4 ch amp that I'm already running 4 speakers from? And if so, how? Should I consider an amp with preamp outputs, and is there such a thing? I'd like to keep my factory head unit for the stock look. I live in San Diego and it's becoming like LA for thefts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 978
are you saying you already have four speakers connected to the amp and you want to connect the sub there as well. if so that is not a good idea. you should get a dedicated amp for the sub. you can also get the low pass filter that converts your rear speaker cable to rca cable so you can keep your stock hu.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
So, can I run an amp off another amp if it's filled? I'd like to keep the fade button active on the HU. I haven't started yet, just trying to see what kind of options I may have. thank you Chad, I've read alot of your posts.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3153
if u don't want 2 spend any more $ ,why not run 2 speakers/channel & leave 2 channels open 2 run a single DVC sub .

post model nos of your speakers & that amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Rovin, I don't have the apeakers yet, but I was thinking on Infinitys 6X8 for all 4 doors with components up front. I'd also like to keep my fade button for front /back control. I can spend up to 1K on this project. I saw a 6 ch amp, but was wondering if I really need 6 ch or a 4 ch amp with a separate amp for a single sub, possibly the Infinity Baslink. Thanks for your help..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us