2400 watt max dual 2 ohm sub + 2400 watt 4ohm amp = Death???

Username: Originalryan_1

Post Number: 1
I've got a 12inch audiobahn pro compression piston 2400max 1200rms dual 2ohm voice coil sub, and a 2400 watt max 2 channel 4 ohm amp.... the manuals say nothin about how to wire a dual voice coil sub and how would I since the 2 coils are 2 ohm each?? What amp HO alternator should go with this setup....?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2028
never talk about max watts, and that will not equal death. audiobahn is overrated, and since u got a 2 ohm sub, u need to find out if your amp is 1 ohm stable

Post Number: 2
The sub is 1200 rms.... and the amp is 2 ohm stereo stable, doesn't say 1 ohm stable...

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2033
ur gonna have 2 wire it at 4 ohms, btw what is the rms on the amp

Post Number: 3
2 x 600W rms at 4 ohms, yea I guess I'll have to..

Post Number: 4
Problem is everything matches except the impedance.... so I just wire each coil to it's own channel hmm?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2035
I hope u didnt pay alot for that setup

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Post Number: 5
Heh nope I didn't pay too much at all, and I've read that post before in fact. Most audibahn subs are low end, I've read a lot of reviews from different speakers vs. prices, and the new Compression Piston 10 and 12 inch audiobahn's have held their own in the reviews I've read... xcept the damn thing weighs 30 lbs, I'm more questionable about the amp really :-(

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2038
actually audiobahns high end amps arent that bad, and just curious why did u get a 2 channel. and just bridge it, not one to each coil

Post Number: 6
Ah, ok. Well I got the amp when I was planning on getting 2 10 inch subs, but ended up just gettin one 12 when I considered the space I really had...

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2044
oh, well i hope u like ur system, and remember u are the one that has to listen to it. so if u like it its ok.

Post Number: 7
LoL @ "planet crapio" ...... anyways I was planning on upgrading my electrical system this week, a HO alternator 150/200 amp maybe. I hope that'll cover it....I already have a crappy a** 400rms amp which was professionally installed......with 4 gage cable at my request for future uprgrades :-) :-) Also getting a capacitor, will I need more than 1 or 2 farads?

Post Number: 8
I plan on changing it or upgrading if I don't like it... but I keep price in mind too. I was lookin at the eclipse titanium series.... which use dual 4 ohm coils.....but at $300+ I'd like to try this one first :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4298
if your amp is 4 ohm mono stable and 2 ohm stereo stable it is not 2 ohm mono stable so you have the dual 2ohm sub then you are matched up perfect. 2 ohms stereo = 4ohms mono 2ohms mono = 1 ohm stereo which your amp is not stable at. wire your sub like this http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2&image.x=17&image.y=7 use the second diagram.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2047
i like the way ti's sound (thinkin about getting ti pro's or the new MX's).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us