What amp for a single diamond audio D612D2?

Bronze Member
Username: Gubbar924

Post Number: 13
I'm getting a single 12 inch D6 put into my car (D612D2), and I'm considering just sticking with diamond audio and using the D61000.1 amp for it. Is there anything else within the same price area that you would recommend instead? What about an amp kit, any particular brand i should stick with or stay away from or anything like that?

thanks =)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3011
well u have seen this b4 http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

so pick out what u can afford

your sub is rated @ 600wrms so why r u looking @ that 1000wrms amp ?

u need something like orion/kicker 600 to power that & get the 4ohms dvc model instead since most amps around the 600wrms range are made to run a 2ohms load ........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
aaah i see, stupid me ... i was basing it on peak handling rather than rms

shows how little i know -=\

thanks for clearing that up Rovin!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3014
cool , i saved u from blowing up your sub -lol

wrms is what u need to look @ & match your sub's ohm load to the amp wrms @ a given load . If your amp putrs out a little over what u need thats fine but putting a 1000wrms amp on a 600wrms sub is asking 4 the sub 2 die shortly......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
lol, thanks for the heads up! what a waste of dough that woulda been =0 !!!

JL Nut
Unregistered guest
jus get the diamond d3 600.1 dirt cheap on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 38
definately if you are looking at the d6100.1 i would get it. You're more in danger of under powering that sub then over powering it. I would also be VERY careful on choosing an amp that says it's one ohm capable. A lot of the time the subs impedence will drop below what is stated. The d3600.1 is not that great on handling one ohm loads, whereas the d61000.1 is a much better choice for the application.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us