Help getting power to my amp

Username: Hawker152

Post Number: 1
well i just got a new kenwood amp i have a chevy s-10 i have everything hooked up except for the power to the amp i dont really want to have to drill through the firewall just to get power is there any kind of adapter that will let me plug it in to my cig lighter? or a secret to get the power to the battery without drilling a freaking whole through metal

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 457
You should have at least a couple spots (not sure on the exact vehicle) with wires already going through it, and often times there is enough room for you to fit an additional wire through easily enough. (Normally will be going through a rubber stopper thing..kind of like a grommet.)

Have you checked underneath your truck to see if you have any plainly visible? Or a lot of times it'll be behind the glove box, if you remove it, you'll see where wires come through.

Again not sure on your exact vehicle..but just try following some of hte wiring from your engine and see if there's room to squeeze an extra wire through where they go through.

Unregistered guest
Ok, i thought it was somehthing wrong with my amp, so i went out and bought a brand new kenwood kac-7202 amp. everything is pluged up correctly, but im not getting any power to the amp. no fuses were blown. So i think my old amp still works.This is what happen it was working fine untill one day my father was fixing the heat...putting like a new belt of it or somthing, then it wasn't working. Could he have screwed up something like the batt or ground wire. btw i have a 1993 buick roadmaster. plz help me

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 404
check to see if you have power on the remote wire.

Unregistered guest
how do i do that, which wire is the remote, sighs i suppose the one that goes in the rem slot, dose that need to be pluged up?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 408
yes, and should be hooked up behind the radio, or in the fuse panel(switched power), use a test light to see if it has power, normally the blue wire.

Unregistered guest
Thank you man, that was it, the remote wire blew a fuse, thanks a ton
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us