Please help me!!I j

Anonymous

I just bought a new planet audio 2 Channel amp for my subs. But the problem is, that when i bridge my 2 12" subs to the amp, when the bass hits hard, sometimes the amp goes to power protect and the wattage ratings are really close for the subs and the amp, it should have no power powering these subs. It does not do it when i do not bridge the subs, and hook one up to each channel, it does not go to power protect, or anything but i am not getting the power that i want. What do i Do?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 592
how are you wireing the subs when you bridge the amp?? most amps cannot handle anything below a 4 ohm load when bridged. thats prob the problem.

Anonymous

they are a single voice coil 4 ohm sub, so just positive to positive, negitive to negative

Anonymous

does anyone have any ideas on this at all? It is greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1665
what model amp is it?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1666
regardless, it sounds like exactly what brandon said. it's hard to find an amp that is bridgable into 2ohms. it's likely that you are going to have to go with a different amp or subs.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 603
Anonymous,

Try another bridging technique;

Most amps are bridged by wiring L channel + and R channel +. You may have used this technique.

But...

Another bridging technique is to use the L channel + and the R channel -.

Check your amp sometimes it has a diagram on it. Also check your manual if you have it.

Last but not least, check your manual if in fact your amp is bridgeable and if so, to what load (ohms).

You may even find a manual online.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us