I need an expert opinion!

Username: Rockydood41

Post Number: 1
I hooked the amp up correctly and everything was working. I go to hide all the wires so I had to unhook the remote wire and all that from the amp. I get down to the last wire, the remote wire, and it hits the battery wire. Now nothing works at all. I checked the fuse in the amp and the one on the battery wire and both were fine. I have no idea where to go from here. Have i fried the remote wire or what the heck can I do to get this thing working again?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1878
U should always keep the battery cables off of the battery until everthing is hooked up so there will be no sparks. Have u checked ur inline fuse.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 552
I think you may have fried your HU. Check your HU fuse('s).

Post Number: 2
I have checked both the fuse on the battery wire and the fuse on the amp itself. I have no idea where to go from here.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2991
disassemble everything & rewire 2 see what'll happen .....

Post Number: 3
Ok. So everything was disassembled and rewired (correctly). Still nothing. I have a feeling I may have fried a wire somehow or another, but I don't know how to make 100% sure I did.

Any other ideas are welcome. But if I DID fry a wire, how might I go about fixing that? Can you buy seperate wires for things of the sort or would I have to purchase a completly new wiring kit?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 200
Blew the remote in HU, hook the remote up to the red wire or into the fuse block to see if that fixes the problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us