Amp settings.

Username: Justinschmidt1

Post Number: 4
Ok so I have a kenwood kac-7202 amp..putting out like 230watts per channel at 2 ohms to 2 infinity 1240ws rated at 300 rms.. SO my question is what should I be setting the amp. There is 4 knobs..there is the boost(db'd) the sensitivity, then low and high frequincies. I have all of them near the middle. Is there any best settings? and what exactly are the high and low frequincy things for
?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 401
The bass boost is for adding more bass at a certain frequency. I think it's usually 40Hz.

The sensitivity adjustment (gain) is used to match the output voltage from your HU to your amp. If you don't know where it needs to be set, you can do it audibly. Turn the sensitivity all the way counter-clockwise. Turn your HU up about 3/4 volume and slowly turn the sensitivity clockwise until you hear a little distortion, then turn it back counter-clockwise just a hair.

The low and high adjustments are your LPF (low pass filter) and HPF (high pass filter). These are crossover adjustments. You need to use only the LPF on your subs. The HPF is only used for mids and highs. Just set it where you think it sounds the best.

Username: Justinschmidt1

Post Number: 5
Thanx..any idea where I could find what the HU should be set at..its a Panasonic MXE CQ-C7401U..the sensitivity on the amp for the head unit that it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us