New set up, kicker and fosgate

Username: Schwic79

Post Number: 1
I just ordered 2 kicker comp cvr12, 4 ohm 400 watt rms subs. Im also buying a used rockford fosgate 851s amp 850watts rms at 4omh bridged. Will this amp work well with my subs because on some of the specifications it said would only push 225 watts rms at 4 ohm for each sub. If its bridged and can push 850 does that go to each sub then. Sorry im kinda system stupid. Just need some guys to help me out. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2777
can work but i hope u ordered the 4ohms dvc version of those subs
Upload

Post Number: 2
i ordered the 4ohm whats the dvc thought?

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 650
dual voice coils

Post Number: 3
yeah thats what i got. The amp is rated to push around 225rms at 4ohm X 2. If i bridge it can you run 4 wires off one channel to push 850watts rms between the two, or doesnt that work. Any of your recommendations would be good.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2779
u need to order this model

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14817

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2780
that is if your amp does
"850watts rms at 4omh bridged"

like u said above ..

post a link to that amp.......

Post Number: 4
that is the model i ordered. What is the best way to hook up my amp though, stay two channel and just run at 225rms each. Or i was told you can bridge it and run 850rms then run 4 wires from one channel and do it that way??

Post Number: 5
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=509

Post Number: 6
ill just plan on bridgeing my amp and turning the amp down so i dont blow the subs. It will push 850watts to each sub right?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 399
No, it will be divided in half. If that amp does 850w RMS, then each sub will be getting 425w RMS.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 400
By the way, I would look elsewhere for that amp. Woofersetc is generally much higher than other online stores. You should be able to find that amp alot cheaper. Heck, you can get quality 1200w mono amps for less than that price.

Post Number: 7
I have a friend who will sell me the amp for 125, so that isnt an issue. I plan to buy it but was thinking about trying them with my current amp that i have now. This is the same i have now http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=514 my friend told me that i would have a high risk of damageing my amp and subs it i bridge this amp and run them at lower rms. Not sure if hes right or not though. I just dont see how underpowering the subs will hurt them? Let me know what you think

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2787
very true - u could even look @ some 1000wrms @ 1ohms amps like

Alpine 1005D
Diamond audio D61000.
Rockford 10001bd
MB Quart raa1000
PPI 1000
JBL BPX1100.1

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2788
"very true " - i was agreeing to what James said but u posted a few seconds b4 me ......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2789
it just would not give u the full potential out of your subs running them with your current amp . Best if u use your current amp to push your highs/mids .....

Post Number: 8
so i wont have to worry about damaging them from running with my amp, just wanna make sure on this so i dont have to buy another set. Would just not be able to here full sound from the subs.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 402
You'll be okay with your amp as long as you don't use the gain as a volume knob. Some people who underpower subs think they can gain power by cranking the gain setting wide open. That will eventually destroy the amp and the subs.

I would still consider the other amp, or better yet, a good mono amp. Might as well get the full potential from your subs.

Post Number: 9
Im thinking i will go with the bigger amp since i can get it for 125. How much are good mono amps that would handle my kickers?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2794
i think u are getting a good deal there & that price is a steal .
amps like i listed above start from $300 up online but ebay has them cheaper ....

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 217
i dont see how that original amp wouldn't be good for those kickers. That amps underrated anyway, probably putting out over 900w. so each 400w rms sub would be getting around 450. That rockford amp would be perfect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
its not pushing 900w rms, it wouldnt hurt the subs as long as you were careful with the bass control. It would only push 75wrms at 4ohm to two channels and bridged you could get 325rms or so to split between the two. I did buy a different amp that will push 850 watt rms. When bridging your and still have it pushing two subs, you put a wire on a positive and negative from each channel then run to the subs. For the second sub do you go from the same terminals as the first ones of use the leftover positive and negative and run it that waY?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us