Sony 250 vs Audiobahn 220 dub1002

Bronze Member
Username: Crashfactoryx

Post Number: 21
Bought both at seperate times, was using the Sony for 2 Lightning Audio 12's then Bought the Audiobahn to replace it, and was gonna trade the Sony for a decent midrange amp...well, I installed the Audiobahn and double checked everything, wiring and such, turned everything on...and it sounded soooooooo bad...Tried wiring the subs different, made sure it was getting full 12+ volts..all good, sooo now it's my midrange amp. Who woulda thought the Sony amp would be better!? Is there a chance that I just got a bad amp? With everything set, and even bass boost on (which I never do), I could just BARELY hear the subs over the midrange that are just connected to the HU..Sony pushes them hard...crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2739
while Sony is not too great ,i remember somebody posting that anything Dub = crap ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I'll testify to that :P Good looking amps (well except for all the damn chrome) but the baklighting on the adjustment panel is nice..it's doing good pushing the back speakers so I can't complain,i got it for $42 shipped.....blah :D

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 194
LOL SEEMs like another case of 'you get what you pay for' to me,,,, 42 Dollars Shipped an brand new an you expect it to be powerful enough to push subwoofers ....The thing was obviously not meant to push woofers unless your using some Q power 75 watters or some off the wall name brand stuff that only requires 100 watts ...............

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 195
Or maybe it could push some tiny woofers but not 12's ....Stop being so Cheap an Step up to a mean AMP

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 196
maybe add some nice Midbass woofers, like 6.5's or somthing an see how it pushes those..that is probably what the amp was meant for

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 212
Im not saying that Audiobahn is the greatest im just saying that u expected a bit much from an item that was only 42 bucks ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
got it for 42$ on EBay btw..I get what I can when I can, I got the Sony for free, got the subs for free too......

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 213
Even on ebay you have to pay atleast 150 plus shipping for a decent amp.. anything cheaper will just be JUNK ..... I SAW a used but in almost new condition RF T10001bd amp for 250 with free shipping on ebay the other day, you should buy that it usually goes for around 400 or more new so buy it used, it even has the new box an papers an what not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us