Need help with where wires from amp connect to Alpine sub

Username: Tbone8000

Post Number: 1
I bought alpine SWS subs (2) to replace ones in my honda. I can not figure out where the wires from the amp connect to the subs. The wiring diagram shows the jumper connections but no where do you see on the subs any place to connect to the amp. My old subs had two wires each connection to the amp. I know it must be something really basic and I just can't figure out what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2712
u mean where on the actual sub to connect the wires ? - u use a allen key to tighten/loosen the nuts

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 768
no alpine subs should just have push terminals

Username: Tbone8000

Post Number: 2
yes, where they actually connect. I don't see any place to connect the actual wires. There are 4 connectors where the diagram show the jumper conectors are 2 positive and two negative, but doesn't look like there is any place to screw anything into these type of connectors.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 626
push down on the terminals where the jumpers go. then you'll see a hole appear on the front of the termianl. strip the speaker cable and put it in there. after that place the terminals according to the ohm load you want.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2726
ok i was wrong above ,looking @ images online it gave the impression like it needed allen keys .

can't wait to get my pair of 12" Rs which is due to be delivered next wk ....

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 530
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1745
is that the old one???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums