Amp for two 12 inch type r's?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 26
wanna get two 12 inch type r's but dunno what amp to go with. wanna kinda keep it as cheap as possible but want quality so as cheap as i can go with for the best amp

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 546
i'd look at orion amps on ebay, they are pretty cheap on there. orion 1200D, $340. i saw an xtant 1000.1 on ebay for $375 BIN, not a bad price. or you could look for at kicker or rockford. you'll want 400 - 600 watts a piece for thoes i think.

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_t

Post Number: 63
i just got the orion 1200D to power my type-r subs once i get them. got it on eabay for $285 and free shiping never been used or opened.
i was like its to good to be true but i got it and it was still all factory sealed.
the kicker 1200 is also a good choice to. most people seem to prefer the orion.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2708
thats a sweet deal - both kicker/orion are about = , but i just like the appearance of the orion alot more .....

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 30
the orion 1200D can be used to power 2 subs? just makin sure. srry noob to this lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2740
yea - get 2 alpine type R 12" 1242D (4 ohms dvc) subs & it'll work fine.....

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 31
hey found a pair of type r's for 229.99 BIN on ebay and it says it comes with a warranty this sound like a good deal i think im gonna get these
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ALPINE-SWR-1242D-12-SUBS-TYPE-R-SUBWOOFERS-NEW-2005_W0QQit emZ5831440363QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2764
thats a very good deal

i paid $300 for my pair from a local shop & should get it end of next wk .

I remember seeing orion 1200 on ebay for less than $300

Chad Lee has those 2 subs & a kicker kx 1200.1 so u can ask him about it .........

Bronze Member

OH USA

Post Number: 32
cool thanks think im gonna scoop em up before anyone else gets there hands on them :-) and would any name brand 1200 be ok( kicker rockford etc)? or should i def go with the orion?

Silver Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 133
what about the alpine MRD-M1005 for the 1 alpine type r's?? that way they would run at 500wattsx2 at 2ohm... or would the orion 1200D be better at 600watts x2 at 1ohm??

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2769
this a good general brand guide
http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

either the kicker or orion is fine

Joe - that Alpine amp is good but if u can a bigger/more powerful amp like either the same kicker or orion 1200 amp for around the same $ i would do that so in case u ever decide to upgrade your subs to like 600wrms later on , the power is available .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
alright sweet i just didnt know if it was better to run subs at 2ohm instead of 1ohm if i could... running it at 1ohm wont cause it to over heat or anything will it?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2784
no - modern stuff is built for that . there are even a few amps out that go down to 1/2 ohm!, made so in case some1 owns (2) 2ohms dvc subs they can run it @ 1/2 ohm.....

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 654
i love the way my Type Rs sound with my kicker. i am running at 1ohm and it sounds good and loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
awesome im gonna go with the type r's and the orion 1200D

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 33
cardomain.com has the orion 1200D for 399 free shipping. They're an authorized dealer so you'll get warranty. In my opinion, it's worth paying the little extra to stay away from e-bay. Unless you're saving a bunch, ebay isn't worth it. No company will ever honour your warranty. The only way it's possible is if the person selling them is an authorized dealer and sends a receipt with the product. Then they'd have to put a higher price on the receipt since they're selling it for less than the authrorized price set by the manufacturer. But yeah, I could go on forever....just buy it off cardomain.com and be safe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
yea i saw that and since its like 360 or 370 on ebay im gonna get it from cardomain... anyone know where the type R's are pretty cheap? cause ebay is around 220-260 for a pair

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Again, no warranty. Crutchfield is alpine's only authorized online dealer, but they're $200 each free shipping. ebay will probably cost you around $300 for 2 after shipping, so you'd save about $100 but lose the warranty. I'd buy from an authorized dealer, just because i think $100 is worth knowing exactly where they're coming from, and not having to worry about blowing them for a year. But that's the choice.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2949
i did a search b4 recently & this is the very cheapest i found

http://www.carstereoland.com/shop/shop_goodsview.asp?Top=1&g_code=20057117255390 57298

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
that is pretty cheap and free shipping

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 404
Car Domain is an authorized Orion dealer? I may be wrong, but I highly doubt that. There's a website out there explaining how these so-called "online authorized dealers" are pure BS. The guy that owns the site contacted almost all of the main stream car audio companies and every single one of them said they do not authorize any online sales, period. I'm not positive if Orion was mentioned, but I think it was. I know for sure RF was mentioned and I've seen lots of websites claim to be RF authorized dealers. Best I can tell is you can figure it out by the price. An authorized dealer cannot sell an amp that goes for $800 at Circuit City for $400 online.

I'll try to dig up the link.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 405
http://www.lightav.com/rules.html

There it is. I think several of you regulars here will recognize alot of websites mentioned there. It made me think differently of a few of them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I'm not sure. From what I've read they are, but that could be b.s. I know Future Shop here in Canada sells Rockford Fosgate. They're basically a Canadian circuit city or bestbuy, and you can order rockford through their site. I guess you really have to do your research before you spend the money.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 407
The cheapest I found the Type-Rs back when I was searching for subs was $240 per pair shipped. My notes don't say which site, so it was probably eBay.

Username: Zsafern84

Post Number: 2
this site will make many of you people happy if you don't already know about it check this site out its prices are cheaper then anywhere ive seen cheaper then ebay as well. www.sonicelectronix.com

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 408
They certainly aren't as cheap as eBay on most items, but I did buy my Alpine CDA-9855 HU from them with their 1-year warranty.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
James, I just got a reply from Orion, and cardomain is an authorized dealer.

"They are authorized to sell Orion Products. However, you will have to
go through them for any warranty issues. You can contact Directed
Canada at 800-361-7271."

Even if you run into trouble with warranty, it'd still be better than what you'd go through with an unauthorized dealer, or ebay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us