Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 and ID IDQ 12

Bronze Member
Username: 96_caprice_22

Post Number: 30
I have 2 IDQ 12, which are awesome by the way, sq is amazing and spl is awesome. I have 2 phoenix gold octane-r 5.0:1 runnin them, one wired to each sub. it hits hard and the sq is great, but i want a little more power to them. theyre rated at 750 watts max and the amps i got now put out 300 rms 500 max. The xenon 600.1 is rated at 600 watts RMS. I was wonderin if this was a good amp for me to get. ive heard they were good, but i dont know if the 600 would be too much power for my subs. any advice or suggestions about this amp/sub combo?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I wanna get one 600.1 amp for each sub.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2672
Those subs are 350wrms if i remember correctly so a good 600wrms amp like Orion/Kicker/JBL/Mtx will push it just fine depending if your subs are 2 or 4ohms dvc ......

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 195
The Xenon 600 will be a VERY good match for those subs, nice amps. The only other amp I'd consider in that price range would be the Soundstream Van Gogh VGA600 these can be found on eBay. What ohm are your IDQ's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
4 ohm dual voice coil

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 200
get the Soundstream Van Gogh VGA600.2 and wire each sub in paralell to a channel of it. You will love it with those IDQ 12's, it's one of the best sounding amplifiers Soundstream ever produced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us