Profile Amps? Good call or good crap?

Username: Justinc123

Memphis, TN United States

Post Number: 4
Obviously, these are low-end amps. I just want an amp to push one 12inch Infinity Kappa Perfect in a 1.0 cu/f sealed box. Will the AP700M amp work? 350 RMS by 1 at 2 ohms? What's the word on the Profile amps?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2627
have u ever seen this b4 ?

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

MTX/JBL/Alpine are fair priced .....

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 392
Having owned Profile products at one time, they are pure crap. Just forget about Profile and save a little more.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 183
You should get a RF P3001. I have an infinity running off that amp in my gf's car. I bought mine on E-bay for $160 CAD. It's a GREAT deal. Mine buts out clean power at 383RMS @ 2ohms. This amp will work perfect for that sub. It also comes with the bass boost remote for up front.

Username: Kingsxman

Minneapolis, MN USA

Post Number: 2
My understanding is that the profile stuff puts out rated power. They're thought of as pretty decent entry level amps. Better than alot of other amps for the price.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 396
If they put out rated power, then they've made some dramatic changes over the years. The 2-channel 600w Profile amp I once owned was a complete joke. I'd say it might have been putting out 200w, maybe. When I replaced it with a Hifonics Boltar putting out a real 700w it was like replacing a Pinto with a Corvette.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us