Amping front speakers and subs???

Username: Justinc123

Memphis, TN United States

Post Number: 3
I'll try to keep this to the point. I've got an '03 maxima w/o bose, and therefore would like to upgrade. I'm wanting very clean SQ. Screw SPL and stopping my grandmother's pace maker. I'm 25 now and can care less about whether I wake up the neighborhood or not. No probelms if that's your gig, it's just not mine. Here's my thought...New component system up front. $150--maybe polk, infinity, or something in that range. The tweets go in the windshield and mids in the doors. I want to put one 12 in a sealed box in the trunk. Again, this sub is to fill the music, not blow my head off. For $170, the Infinity Kappa Perfect has caught my eye. Do I need two separate amps (one for the front and one for the subs) or a 4-channel amp or what? Any good recommendations? And I want to keep the factory head because I want it all to look clean and traditional. So my question is about the amp.

1 big amp is great by me, but I hate to get into capacitators, etc. Any other comments about the brands and components are welcome, too.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2628
u can use a 4channel amp by using 2 chan for up front & bridging 2 chans to power a sub .

post a budget & links to exactly what u have decided on ........

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 166
i have polk components in the front and they sound great. If you get a set of components and a sub to run on a multi-channel amp like superfly says, you should be fine.

p.s. You'll need a line out converter if you want to keep the factory radio.

Anonymous

Maxima's are fairly big cars, so I I wouldn't worry about H/O alternators and capacitors. the stock alternator should be able to handle a decent sound system.

I'm running the exact same setup you're looking at (infinity 6.5 reference components in the front, 12" kappa perfect in a sealed box) and I run this on a 4 channel amp. but I made the mistake of getting a Hifonics amp thats meant more for SPL. Anyway, I think the only real advantage you're getting with a 4 channel amp instead of 2 amps is less wiring and less space taken up in the trunk. So its up to you

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 555
justin-i like your idea on how you are going to setup your system. you don't need 2 separated amps. just get a decent 4channel and it should sound very nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us