Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 160
okay my previous post disapppeared.

1/0 guage to Fused D-block
4 guage to amps
Remote turn on to multi-channel amp then to mono amp

Multi-channel amp works great but when i connected the mono amp to the remote turn on lead from the multi-channel amp(system off), and turned the car back on, the mono amp started to smoke. Cut the remote wire and the multi amp still works. What went wrong?

MB Quart RAA4200 @ 4 ohms x 4 at 100 watts
MB Quart RAA1000 @ 1 ohm x 1 SX12

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 161
I checked the fuses of the D-block and inline fuse holder and they are fine. Also, when the mono amp blew I heard 3 pops before I saw the smoke. (the mono amp has 3 x 40 amp fuses)

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 177
Your sub amp was probably wired backwards, but if it managed to take out the amp and not the fuses that sucks. I'de say you're dead, the pops are the mosfets and the capacitors exploding, I've done it myself once on a Punch 300S on an amp rack, couldn't get under it to check the rack up, told myself "ah it'll be ok" famous last words.

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 162
i just checked if my amp was wired backwards and it wasn't. Positive to positive ground to ground. Thier is no wiring difference except for the remote turn on lead. Help!

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 163
Ha! This is freaking weird!
So I decided to say the hell with it. If my amp is blown it wont hurt to try it out again. So I replace the fuses on the amp for good luck and reconnect the remote turn on lead. Guess what?? The f*cker worked. I don't know what the problem could have been but it works!!!! Yay for me!!!
I love these amps!: )

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 192
Wow, that's some serious luck man. Glad to hear they worked; wish my Punch 300S would come back to life like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us