Getting JL XR650-si components, now i need an amp.

Username: Aznegg

Post Number: 5
so ive decided to go with the JL XR650's the 6.5" component set from JL to put in my front doors,

However i am completely lost in the realm of speaker amps.... i know some about sub amps ie, precision power, US amps, JL, Hifonics are all pretty good *orion as well*,

But i have no idea what a good amp for these components would be, i am pretty sure they are 75 watts rms, and since im paying 200 and a bit for the components i would really like to get an amp that will make the most of my speaker investment,

can anyone offer any sort of advice on what amp i should get? im assuming i need a 2 channel amp, therefore any good 2 channel amp would be amazing.

any recommendations?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2621
nearly all current models of 2chan amps are either 2x50 or 2x100wrms @ 4ohms -

IMO : 2x50 clean watts from either JL/Zapco/Arc audio/Xtant/US made models of US amps should be sufficient since all these amps are underrated & work good .

www.woofersetc.com sells the JL,Zapco....

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 182
i ordered my xr650cxis and use the 450/4, how much were your components. did you get them from authorized JL dealer. talked to the Jl rep for our area last night, they will not and i mean not warranty any product bought off line. It is all tracked by serial numbers, even speakers. And must have invoice from authorized dealer.

Post Number: 8
195 usd. shipped to my door brand new guaranteed against doa....

so its just like buying a used set. a used set owuld run nearly the same amount actually b/c of a paypal thing im only paying 170..... so i think even w/o warranty im doing alright.

yes/no any opinions?

Post Number: 9
I was looking at either the

Precision Power PPI DCX300.2

or the

Rockford Fosgate 301s

But im not sure which one is better for me....... for this application.....

the PPI will come out to being about 80-100usd more than the PPI..... any suggestions...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
sorry not 80-100 it would only be about 30-40 more

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 194
I paid $225 for dealer with warranty,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
really? where was that dealer lol

i live in canada too.... so i mean 190 is like 228 cad... i have about 240 to spend lol

so i mean with taxes and what not i dont think i can find in my area, a JL dealer who would sell me them for 240 cash,,,,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us