Ok I've decided...check it out.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 705
I have my system finished out in my mind. Now, to just buy it come Christmas. How does this sound?

Infinity KAPPA50.7CS Component Speakers

Audiobahn A4002T - For powering Comp. Speakers.

Cerwin Vega Vmax Subwoofers - 2 12's

Kenwood KDC-X589 HU (Have it already installed)

Audiobahn A8000T - For running CV subs.

H/O Alternator of some sort.

Volfenhag HyperCap 1.2F

Is that a semi-decent system? Could anyone make any tweaks to it, but keep within the price range of the current gear listed, except of course the sub amp and HU? They're staying.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 140
v max subs powered by audiobahn amps oh u are going to get form this forum :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
Wait, Killer, the last part of what you said made...little sense at all.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 141
the people from this forum group are going to clown u for using a audiobahn powering a vmax sub thats what i mean

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 143
Killer you know of any other amps that will Give him 800rms for around 140 to 150 bucks Shipped an BRand new ?

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 70
look at soundstream or orion. maybe a bit pricey

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 158
no one is going to give you crap on this tread about what you buy. Remember, you are the one who is going to be listening to it everyday. Get what sounds nice to you and keeping in your budget.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2519
seeing that there is a big sale on RE's subs why didn't pick some of those ?

IMO - i'd go with some JBL amps instead , good power/price .

thought in previous posts u didn't like Inf comps ?

The HO would be nice but why don't u try setting it all up & then measure your A & check if its drooping so only then u will truly know if u need a Hoe ........

Bronze Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 80
i have two of the new v-maxs. they are badas. well worth the money. but yea i wouldnt mess with audiobaun i heard they can blow subs because the power they do have is not refined well so it gets out of control at high volumes, i went with hifoics, everone gives them crap about being overratted but the power they have is good for the price. i have a BX1200D but because they are overated i would get a Bx1500 just to be sure

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1499
It sounds like a great BUDGET system, also what kind of box are u gonna use.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 371
i would drop the capacitor they dont really do much ...
the audiobahn intakes are pretty good for there price - keyword price, people =)

do you like spl or sq ... we can probily find a better sub for the price

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
SQL if possible. I already have the A8000T, so I'm sort of stuck with it for now. The Infinity comps. are going to have to do based on affordability, and anything will most likely sound better than my 5x7 Volfs.

I'm open to suggestions on subs, I don't want too much SPL to the point that the SQ sucks at high levels.

Hifonics? Are you serious? All I've ever heard was Isaac criticizing those...he recommended the A8000T to me BTW when I first got my system.

I'll be using a sealed box. I got it for about $50, and it holds 2 12" subs.

Here's a link to a very similar model of sub box I have:
http://www.audio-n-more.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ANM&Pr oduct_Code=HCK-121

Mine is black carpeting, and it's dual 12" subwoofer enclosure model with 1.2cu. ft.

How much are we talking as far as those RE subs on sale anyways? I can get (2005) Vmax's for $180 a pair or (2004) Vmax's for like $150ish, and I've heard they are loud and sound good at high levels.

Super, I have a feeling my A(Voltage, w/e we want to refer to it as) is drooping, as my headlights have a slight dim to them when my amp runs at high levels w/o going into clipping. So adding a 2 channel amp at 100W RMS X 2 @ 4 ohms will take me up to 1Kw RMS.

That's about all I've got for now, let me know what you guys think. Also, is that choice of comp. speakers pretty good? Haha, Robert, the cap most likely will just be for some "bling" and nothing more, I realize they don't do much.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2539
here's the RE new cheap pricelist

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/175281.html......

Silver Member

Post Number: 715
That's cheaper...I was thinking two SE's maybe...but $150 a piece? I was thinking no more than $200 TOTAL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 718
Oh yea, there's two auctions on E-Bay right now for the 2004 Cerwin Vega V-Max's starting bid at $55, and cheap shipping I believe. No reserve, If I could get those for $55.01ish + shipping, that'd be a good deal, eh?

Any of you go bid on them, I'm coming to your houses, bringing my home stereo, running it from my car, in front of your house, and I swear, I'll crack your foundation...Hehe, j/k! But come on, LEMME HAVE THESE!

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1526
I promise i wont bid on them

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 501
i was looking to buy some cerwin vegas. i wonder where i can get some cerwin vega v-max's for a real low price? anyone?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1528
lol..lol//lol,,lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 719
You don't think I'll do it do you? They may be Sony 3-Way Bookshelf speakers, but they play down to 25Hz accurately...16 of them coupled with my Behringer EP-1500 700W x 2 @ 2 ohms...GRRR! I'll do it lol.

4 of these Sony speakers lol, alone at 1/4" excursion can actually vibrate my window panes on a 30Hz test tone like a motherf***er!

I was shocked at these things, especially at $60 a pair. Nice and flat response...good stuff from Sony for once...it's amazing.

Although Sony and Pioneer switch places in home audio, Pioneer sucks in SQ, where Sony sounds pretty dang good!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2543
If u can get those around $50 - then BUY 4 ! ... that would be slamming !!!!......

Silver Member

Post Number: 721
Well...there's only two for sale for $50. And I don't have an amp/enclosure/trunk space to accomodate four. I'd like it, don't get me wrong, but it's a bit out of range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us