Amp Shopping.....Need Info

Bronze Member
Username: Lukewarm12

ALtoona, PA USA

Post Number: 13
Right now in my car I have....

HU = Alpine (I love this unit)

Internal Speakers = Infinity References (5 1/4 front doors, 6x9 rear panel) Very good sq from these speakers.

Infinitys powered by a 325w 2 channel MTX Amp

Now, I have a pair of 10" DVC 4ohm MTX subs.
I did have them running off of the 325w mtx amp, but this amp did not have enough juice to run these at higher volumes. Since I wanted to amp my internals (they were running off of the deck previously) I wired my speakers to the MTX amp.

NOW I need something to run my subs. Right now just to have them playing, I have them running off of a 1000w BOSS (that's right, BOSS) amp. My cousin GAVE it to me to use temperarily. this should tell you how much he likes it. The thing is a piece of crap. I don't know anything about BOSS equipment, but I would be surprised if it is running 25w RMS. I bet my deck has a higher output.

I NEED something much better to power my two subs. I listen to all rock and am looking for something that will have alot of kick to it, without alot of distortion and drag.

I have a couple hundred dollars to spend. Is there anything out there in a decent price range that would handle these subs. the listing on those subs are reccommended 250 to 500 RMS.'Everyone is telling me that in this range I would be looking at a higher grade Kenwood or a mid grade Pioneer, but isn't there anything else out there a little better for a couple hundred dollars or so.

Please Advise.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2497
there are MANY like :

Crossfire 1000
Diamon audio D61000.
MB Quart raa1000
Rockford Fosgate 10001bd
JBL bpx1100.1
JL 1000/1

etc........

Bronze Member

ALtoona, PA USA

Post Number: 14
Where can you pick these up for $200 or $250 bucks. I am not the big "online shopper" so I don't know much where to look.

Bronze Member

ALtoona, PA USA

Post Number: 15
Where can you pick these up for $200 or $250 bucks. I am not the big "online shopper" so I don't know much where to look.

Username: Bigmike27

Post Number: 2
Im building a home system and getting rid of a soundstream rubicon 1000.2 that would give you plenty of power. If interested send me an email at michaeldebincaleb@yahoo.com and maybe we can work out a deal.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2555
Dick Grayson :

if u don't trust ebay there r others like
www.sonicelectronix.com
www.onlinecarstereo.com
www.woofersetc.com

but none of those r in your price range - u need 2 put like a $100 or so more .......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us