Help with amps please

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 22
i have a question about bridging amps...this is not an exact situation so just go along with me..

lets say you have a bridgeable amp that powers your two subs, but the subs can handle alottt more power than the one amp.

can you buy a few more of the same exact amps.. bridge them all together and power the same subs??..or does everything change?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 162
It would be called strapping and it varies from amp to amp, but most amps will not.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 127
Blain >>> are you talking about Doing this with that amp that came with that Package Deal you bought off ebay because if thats what u are thinking of doing i would just scrap that amp an get somthing different that has enough power to push both your subs properly, maybe Get a Class D mono that puts out 1000 rms at 1 ohm, that would give you 200rms of head room an power those 12's very nicely or if you wanna use them at 2 ohms get somthing that puts out 500x2 @ 2 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 128
Im not tryin to be a jerk its just that the Sound storm F2800 amp that came with that package is probably barely given you 150X2 RMS at 2 ohms an probably only maybe 350x1 RMS when Bridged so i would just buy another Amp an Toss that Sound Storm to the side or maybe Sell it to some one..Buy another amp, i assure you that you will be much happier if you just Break down an buy a different amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
well then what kind of amp...and im talking about..ya know on tv shows,, or any tv show...that they put in like 5 amps to power all the subs..i thought that was called bridging...and i can get that soudstorm for cheap ..so i was just wondering..thanks though..but what amp should i get?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2495
Kicker & ED amps just to name 2 ....

bridging means joining 2 or more channels to create 1 .

Strapping means connecting 2 amps to get double the power of 2 individual amps but it must be compatible as the manufacturer rec ........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us