Two amps into same subs

Moot
Unregistered guest
Is it smart to hook 2 mono amps ,jbl600.1 and KAC 816, to a 1.3 ohm group of subs? Would you just hook a wire from both + and splice it into 1 wire going the first sub and then have the final - wire into 2 also? Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1525
i wouldn't connect two amps to your sub. i like having everything as perfect/identical as possible. like, if you could have a gain, a wire, and a speaker, and call it a system, that would be best. adding a different amp with different power on the same sub is just a bit far from perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 163
no

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 155
don't do it

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 689
Hehe, that stuff always ends in bad results. I've seen idiots connect the ouput terminals of home audio receivers thinking they're going to "double" their power output, or at least get the best of both receivers...hehe, can we say boom?

Anyways, how is it though, that people run several car amps to one very powerful sub. As they did in P!mp my Ride with the Jackhammer. I know, not the best place to get information from, but how did they do that safely?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2475
if its a dvc coil sub u can run 2 amps 1/coil but they must 2 exact same model amps .

if u have a quad (4) coil sub then u can run 4 amps but also they must 4 exact same model amps .

& the gain must be set exactly set on all amps - its risky but possible ....

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 698
Is that why RE makes quad coil woofers, because they require more power?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2481
that & it allows more ohms configurations

but i find thats extra headache , u will notice now & then that a few ppl post on this forum asking for help on how to do it .....

Moot
Unregistered guest
Okay, glad I asked before I killed something. Thanks everyone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us