Anyone ever heard of this amp ?

Username: Ledzep

Ohio

Post Number: 7
http://www.blast.net/gspr/OD7500.html ... anyone ever actually seen this amp before, know anything about this class "T" amps in any brand and if any of them are priced nice ?

just wanting to leave old school amp technolgy and go to cool running digital amps ... any advice ? ?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1328
Class T: Class T (Tripath) is similar to class D with these exceptions: This class does not use analog feed back like its class D cousin. The feedback is digital and is taken ahead of the output filter, avoiding the phase shift of this filter. Because class D or T amplifier distortion arises from timing errors, the class T amplifier feeds back timing information. The other distinction is that this amplifier uses a digital signal processor to convert the analog input to a PWM signal and process the feedback information. The processor looks at the feedback information and makes timing adjustments. Because the feedback loop does not include the output filter, the class T amplifier is inherently more stable and can operate over the full audio band. Most listeners can not hear the difference between class T and good class AB designs. Both class D and T designs share one problem: they consume extra power at idle. Because the high frequency waveform is present at all times, even when there is no audio present, the amplifiers generate some residual heat. Some of these amplifiers actually turn off in the absence of music, and can be annoying if there is too much delay turning back on.

Ohio

Post Number: 9
i usually hear differences others dont hear, but im mostly just afraid of heat and what it does to an amp, and im not fond of fans and bigger heatsinks, just basically wondering why we can send a probe to jupitor but we still cant have a cool running amp that is mainstream in audio retail stores. you ever used any of these type of amps ? the T class ? got any recomendations for one to buy ?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1331
never used T class, only D,X,AB, and to answer why we can send a probe to jupiter is because we can spend billions and billions of dollars on that type of technology, while car audio is just a hobby.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 392
damn chauncey, you got an answer for everything.lol. should call yourself infoguy.

Ohio

Post Number: 10
well for some it is a hobby, for me its about some good soundin tunes on the way home to relieve stress. im not that "up" on things today in car audio, but it just struck me as being very odd that as many of you out there that use this as a hobby and have the money to invest in it are still using amps that you can fry eggs on. it just seemed to me the industry would keep up with the latest technology. if computers were draggin like car audio amps, we would still think a 250 pentium II was state of the art for computers. not trying to start an argument, just want to build a nice sounding system, at a decent price, and not have to work on it constantly. my hobbies do not include ripping my dash apart once a month cause im bored.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us