Kicker 2500 question

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 35
I need to know what the kicker 2500 peak power rateing is. Anybody know off hand?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 373
Peak power ratings don't matter, period.

The KX2500.1 is rated at 2500w RMS, but will do more than that. Kicker underrates those amps and each individual unit will have a different output. I'd say you can expect 2500w-2900w RMS from that amp.

You mentioned the peak watts in another thread. Forget about Max ratings. They're useless.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 374
By the way, Kicker does not list Max/Peak ratings for their amps. If you must know a number, then I'd say 5000w Max is how some companies would rate it, but that doesn't mean squat.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 30
check the birth sheet of that amp.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 375
The ratings on the birth sheets that come with Kicker amps are "Max" RMS ratings, meaning that is the maximum continuous power you can get. That rating isn't like the Max/Peak ratings given by some other companies.

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 32
my bad. i thought he was asking for the true rms of that amp. i mean no one ever cares about the peak power.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 378
You're correct that the birth sheet would tell him the true RMS output. Of course, that's at 14.4V.

I just thought you were implying something else in your last post. My bad. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 36
well as of this moment I am using a MA audio hk15x2 and am lookin for a good competition amp so I was lookin at the Kicker 2500.1. I have no experience with kicker as of yet but have high expectations.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 384
Is that sub DVC 4 ohm + 4 ohm?

If so, I think that amp will be more than enough for your sub and you may be upgrading your sub soon.

Just remember you need the proper charging system to provide the current that amp needs. HO alt. is an absolute must for a beast like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us