Tru amp for re sx 12'' subs

re guy
Unregistered guest
i have two re sx 12'' dual 4ohm, just bought a tru h-1, rated at 1500 wrms into 1 ohm load.also got a tru 2.200. my question is will i have to uipgrade my alt, and battery?if so what will do?they are going into a 2500 crew cab gmc with 6.0L v-8. im doing the system myself with fiber glass for the 12''. audio shop here not veryu helpfulleither.thank you very much.

Username: Ruxpin20

DeTroiT, MIchiGan

Post Number: 7
Okay, again im no pro at this but i have went through enough alternators that i am seriously thinking of just getting a small system. What i have understood from researching this is:

1500 watts at one channel

1500watts (2) / 13.8volts = 217.39 amps

Now this just a projected current draw at full power, if your just using you radio at 1/3 the way up most of the time you would divide that number by 3.

So around 72.46 amps

If you think your alternator can handle an excess of around 72 amps then dont upgrade.

Personally if i were you i would upgrade the alternator and get a cap just to be safe and plus the cap will give the amp the power it needs at the right moment so you will get the best sound quality without killing your battery or charging system.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1566
re guy,

h-1 = 1500wrms+
2.200 = ~600wrms+

since mose GM full size trucks have 100-135A alts and you are gonna be running 2100wrms+, i definatly would upgrade my alt to a 200A+ high output one.

the tru h-1 can draw 150A+ by itself.

also, upgrade your big-3 wires and forget the cap. try a deep cycle batt.

re guy
Unregistered guest
so then upgrade w/200A+ alt, with yellow top optima battery?also what big there wires do you mean. pos. and neg.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us