MMATS amp shuts off due to outside temp??

Username: Bighedstev

Post Number: 1
I have a MMATS D100HC amp pushing 2 8" L7's at 1 ohm that was professionally installed recently and in the morning when I get in my car and turn on the radio, the amp doesn't work. Later in the day, when the outside temp warms up, it works fine.

Does anyone know if the temperature outside has anything to do with the amps function? It seems to be the only common denominator I can think of...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1560
check all your wiring...make sure nothing is loose.

Username: Bighedstev

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your reply :-)

I wouldn't think it would be the wiring because on the way home from work in the afternoon, it works fine. Just before I turn off the car it is still working but in the morning when I get in it doesn't work. Nothing was moved from the time I turned it off the night before until the next morning. That is why I was thinking it had something to do with the outside temperature.

Has anyone heard of this or am I just crazy? hehe

Username: Richroci

Post Number: 1
I have 3 Mmats amps and one of them, the 4 channel, kind of does the same thing. When it rains, gets cold, or is really humid my amp always sends feedback through the mids and tweets. Don't know what it is. It has been repaired 2 times by mmats and it still does the same thing everytime. It sucks cuz it has to be a perfect day for me to go cruisin!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us