Fuses And Gain and Boost Settings

Username: Xplodes

Post Number: 2
Hey guys, i have an 800 watt mono sony xplode amp with 1 sony 1300watt sub. I feel that the sub isnt going as hard as what it should. Im only running a 30a fuse from the battery to the amplifier. The amplifier manual recommends 80a fuse but i cant afford this at the moment. If i do get an 80a fuse will this help the sub hit harder? even when i turn the volume to max the 30a fuse doesnt burn out. Y is that? Also whats the best boost and gain settings to set your amplifier to? Also if i have a cheap head deck will this effect the quality of sound been output by the sub or is that just up to the amplifier?
thx guys

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 100
yes a cheap head unit makes a difference and that sony would never see 1300w and that amp is not putting out 800w either. as far as the 80amp fuse, get and inline glass fuse $2 at most shops. holders are not but $5-10. If that is a single 4ohm sub, find a jl 500/1 and put on it, probably blow the sony. but would be enough power

Username: Xplodes

Post Number: 3
hey thx for that input ty mutlow. does any1 know if running the 30 amp fuse is actually making the amplifier run at lower power? Because wen i turn volume up full the fuse doesnt blow.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1091
Its not blowing because the amp is probably not pulling 30 amps from your battery, its just that weak

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 176
If it did get that many amps, that sony WOULD Xplode....

Username: Blainew

Post Number: 9
1..the sony sub runs at 300 watts RMS

2.. just bc it is an 800 watt monoblok doesnt mean it pumps 800 watts.. thats only at 1 ohm...your sub is probably 2 ohms..making the amp pump 400 watts..and if 4 ohms ur amp will pump 200 watts..thats why your not feelin the bass

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 384
To blow a fuse, you need to be drawing double the amperage for about 5 minutes straight. The amp could be running the rated power with a 30A fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us