What are good brands of Power Caps... that can be found on ebay???

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 290
I have a tsunami 1.2 farad, and want to upgrade to a 2.0-3.0 farad power cap. I am also going to upgrade my wires to 0 gauge. Just wondering what is a good brand for power caps. Also does anybody know anything about the "batcap" and if its good

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1374
if a cap is necessary for your application, just call the manufacturer and inquire as to the esr capacitance rating. it needs to be low in order for the device to be effective (which it rarely is anyway).
i have a soundstream 5farad. does a superb job.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 299
how much did your cap cost

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 33
Batcaps are definetly CRAP

Gold Member

Post Number: 1397
i paid around 200.00 for it.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 435
batcaps are crap?? Why do you say that? I heard that they are pretty good.

Anonymous

what esr should a cap.be around?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 424
The ESR should be like .002 or less, ideally. (it's rated in ohms. ESR = Equivalent Series Resistance) Phoenix gold's for example, (not saying they're better worse than anyoen else..just a readily available example( has an ESR of .0017, or 1.7 milliohms.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 657
I could be wrong, and I hope he corrects me if I am, but I think Isaac said that a cap is a cap, regardless of brand.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 426
Some brands produce rediculously large capacitors, however, (like the square kind are common culprits of this) That have ESR that far exceeds the maximium to make them actually useful in car audio applications. :-)

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 661
I see Seth. I was basically referring to the little cylindrical kinds that are between 1.0-1.5F and are used in smallish car audio applications lol. Not like the Audiobahn 12 Farad beast and such hehe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1514
the farad is not going to determine its usefulness. true, 1f for each 1kwatts, but it will be absolutely useless if the capacitance rating is inadequate. a cap is already pretty useless as it is. it doesn't serve the purpose that many stores claim. but of course this has been discussed many times, and to see it again would make me sick to my face.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us