Best amp for 2x Pioneer 12" TS-W305C subs (400w rms each)

Anonymous

Hello,
I have 2x Pioneer 12" 800W MAX / 400W RMS (TS-W305C) single 4 ohms coil.
First of all...
Should I run them on Mono (2 ohms), or it's best to run them on stereo?, each one with their own amp, or with a 2 channel amp.

I'm looking for amp recomendation, as well as mono/stereo recomendation (I know that at 2 ohms the power is better used ... or so)

What amp(s) would you recomend?
1x Mono Amp ... wich ones?
1x 2ch Amp... with ones?
2x Mono Amp ... wich ones?

Just as a note, I have a 90A alt... not big deal, so I would like something that's efficient :-)

one thing I dont have very clear...
suppose drawing 40A from the battery/alternator...
let say at a 80% efficience...
the max I will get will be 384W RMS ?
how about at 2 ohms or 4 ohms ?
does I get DOUBLE the RMS power (say at 2ohms vs. 4ohms) with the same AMPERAGE usage from the bat/alt???
If so... I think I will prefer to connect them in paralell and use them at mono on 2 ohms right?

Regards.

Vaclipsin
Unregistered guest
JBL 600.1 would do nice. Power series. Effiecent Amps 300 watts to each sub if you wire them for a 2 ohm load.

Anonymous

Okey, I will have it in mind.

but the other question is...
say... I want to use no more than 45A of my car alt/bat. that will be ~540wrms (12v) to 648wrms (14v) at a 100% efficience...
so around 430/520 with a 80% eff. amp. right?

now... this will be at 2 ohms or 4 ohms?
I mean, suppose I have a 80% efficient amp, rated at 600WRMS @ 2 ohms and 300WRMS @ 4 ohms (like JBL 600.1, that actually say It have a max current draw of 57A) ... so, it will use the same A draw at 600Wrms on 2 ohms that on 300Wrms on 4 ohms? (so, using say 57A on both configs?? or it will use ~29A or so for 300WRMS@4ohms??)

Let me know, as it's fundamental for my config to know this, cause if this is the way it works, I will need to connect on 2ohms to have enought power available for both woofers :-) ... as I have a 90A alt. I dont think I could use more than 50% of it, so 45A in the best case.

Regards.

Anonymous

One thing...
what about Remote, or Subsonic filters... and/or other features.
how JBL 600.1 compares on this to say...
Kicker 600.1, or MTX 801D or why not... the pioneer GM-D510M that's cost about the same, and have same power 600W RMS at 2 ohms, but less distortion, bass control, variable LPF...
And well, the subs are pioneer too...

what do you think?

Anonymous

Oh... is too much to ask on features for:
- Variable Low pass Filter (most have this)
- Subsonic Filter (which ones?)
- Bass Boost (most have this)
- Remote Bass

Any amp recomendation with this features?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us