Can't get from 2 ohms stereo to 4 ohms mono!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 669
2 ohms stereo works just fine but when I bridge the amplifier it cuts out at about half volume and the amp goes into protect. Here is a picture of the stereo vs. mono I am wiring it at. Please tell me if something is wrong!

Upload

j cash
Unregistered guest
cause youre bridging the amp at 2ohms you m0ron...... Do A d@m search you bug with all these annoying questions lately just leave at where you had it and be happy god.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 670
Thanks for the uncalled for response. A guy at the local audio shop told me I should be able to run it either 4 ohms mono or 2 ohms stereo. Just switch the positives...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4148
what amp are you using? that is a very odd way to mono it! I would have to say that isnt the correct way to do it. Normally you put the 2 +'s together and the 2 -'s together and go into the + from one side and the - from the other depending on the amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 671
kicker 450.2. Would you have to change the wiring inside the box for switching in between stereo and mono.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
James, can you diagram that out better, I am sorry but I don't quite understand.

THE_S_MACHINE58
Unregistered guest
TO run the amp in 4 ohm bridged you need to look at the amp and see the one + input and the one - input that says bridged on it you will only be using one + and one - when you bridge the amp put your 2 + wires from your box together on the + (bridged) side of the amp and the 2 - wires from your box to the - (bridged) side of the amp. When you are bridging an amp you are using the two stereo outputs as one.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4150
alright just like The S Mach said take the 2 pos wires from each sub and the 2 neg wires from each sub and twist them together. Next take the pos wires and put them in the left pos slot and the 2 neg's in the right neg slot. now that amp is only 4 ohms mono stable so make sure that you are running that impedence.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 83
If the subs are single 4ohm then do not run bridged, to low of ohm load for amp, if dual 4 use stereo mode, 1 sub per channel! Bridging is not always better, and makes your amp work to hard if not done correctly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us