Amp for subs?

Username: Glacier

Post Number: 1
I'm planning on upgrading my stock dodge ram quad cab stereo. I've started to build a fiberglass sub enclosure already. This week i'm thinking about picking up the subs and the amp to power em. and next week the head unit, two 3.5's, 6x9's(front) and two 6.5's(rear) with another amp.

this is what i'm looking at for the subs/amp.

2 Audiobahn AW1251T 12" Subwoofers. (EACH - 400w RMS, 800w Peak)

Power Acoustik OV2-820 2 Channel (460 RMS, 820 PEAK)

is that a good amp for those subs?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1936
Both are pretty much econo stuff - the guys on this forum could pick out better for u , whats your budget ???????

Unregistered guest
I just bought a Alpine SWR-1222D 12" Type-R Series Subwoofer (2ohm + 2ohm) sub which handles Peak Power Handling: 1500W / RMS: 500W. I was looking at the Kenwood KAC-7252 amp which is 1000 watts max and 500 rms x1 at 4 ohm. DOes this sound good or gimme some good amps that will rattle this sub and my brains if this isnt good

Username: Transient

TaosUSA

Post Number: 10
Jason first get the subs, than build the enclosure. Different subs, different size enclosure. Audiobaun and power acoustik are great if ur' on a budget.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 366
Audiobahn and Power Acoustik are not "great" no matter what the budget....

Save a little extra and shop eBay. You'll be better off in the long run. Audiobahn subs are questionable at best, and Power Acoustik pretty much just sucks all around.

Post Number: 2
great! glad i didnt buy them. i dont want garbage.

thanks!

when i get off work today, i'll lay out my plans here and maybe someone can give me a hand picking out the right system.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 561
Jason, please list your budget and what you're looking for in your system. If you're looking for big subs, small subs, SQ system, SPL system, etc.

Post Number: 3
let me start over..

I have an '02 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with stock infinity sound system. I'd like to upgrade it, and add a couple of subs. There really isn't much room for subs except under the rear seats. There are enclosures you can buy for this area, but I've decided to build my own to maximize airspace and keep the cost low. I have experience with fiberglass, so I'm not expecting problems with it. There will be about 1.3 cu.ft of space per box.

This week I'm going to order the subs and hopefully complete the enclosure. With only 1.3 cu.ft of airspace per box, would 10's or 12's be better? Maybe kicker cvr10's?

Would it be better to get one amp for the whole system, or two, one for subs and one for the speakers?
I also plan to upgrade the two 3.5's in the dash, the two 6x9's in the front doors, the two 6.5's in the rear doors, and the deck in a 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm not sure what to get or what I need. I don't want something that blows out windows. I want something loud enough that it can really shake my truck, and still sound great. I got about $1500ish to spend but that number isn't firm.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us