**Need Advice on a Great System**

Username: Jess86

Post Number: 4
Hi, my name is jessica im 19 and im getting a 1996 nissan 300zx tt in january and was wondering what would be the best system for me...I am very new to this. willing to spend $2000-$3000 US

This is what I was thinking so far
-Pioneer DEH-P9600MP
-2 10" Kicker S10L7 Subs
-Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6 1/2" Component
Speakers
Are these a good choice?
What else might I want?
What amps should I get?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick reply
Jess

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 732
might wanna switch the subs up L7's are loud but not the best built woofers.. alot of people on these boards are raving about RE's Subwoofers (resonant Engineering) www.reaudio.com if you wanna check them out .. the prices are fairly decent as well.. depends on what u want out of the subs as well .. do u want a good sounding sub sq (sound quality) or an SPL subwoofer (gets loud) or a mix of the two.. decide on the amp once your sure on your subs.. as for a speaker amplifier since its only 1 set of speakers (right?) u shouldnt need to big of one im sure some people will list some.. the jl 300/2 would be a nice amplifier but being jl may get a little pricey and is a little more wattage than you need

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1921
welcome to the forum - it shows that u have done your research & that's a sweet ride too ....

Deck - good , but get the Premier version instead it has a few better features like higher voltage output etc . $450-500

Infinity Perfects - name says it all .around $300 or less .

Amp for it - $225 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=592

2 subs - $600 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2059

2 amps for it - $590 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=250

total $2275 .... google the model nos & it will be found cheaper . $ is also needed for wiring ,materials , box & install fee if u getting it done by a shop .

U can get cheaper brands than the JLs above , i posted some more higher end equip so post back if u want some lower 4 subs/amps choices .....

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 734
why would you run 2 amps as opposed to one.. thats just extra cash and extra current draw extra space.. go with a single 1000 watt amplifier .. ^ awesome subs BTW

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1956
those 2 subs = 800wrms @ 1ohm where as a 1000/1 = 1000wrms @ 1.5-4ohms & is overkill & actually costs more than than those 2 amps i posted ......

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 749
"hi, I'm jessica and I'm 19 years old..."

haha, sure, and I'm carmen electra, would anyone like to design me an Isobaric Quasi Eighth Order Series-Tuned Dual Reflex Bandpass enclosure because I'm really into car audio :-)

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 142
LMFAO! lol.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 143
still chuckling...... lol.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 736
"a" 1000 watt amplifier doesnt mean a jl 1000/1.. not really overkill , it would work well but yeh its pretty pricey as with most jl stuff

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 357
damn i have two questions
1) where the hell are you going to find a twin turbo 300zx unless you got some nice money
2) why would a girl want such a fast car anyways sell it to me and get you a beetle or something :-)

Username: Harryc8786

Post Number: 3
I think the kicker subs are great, I have owned a 12' L5 1 15'L7 and now im on 2 12' L7's. I changed them because I over powered the L5 and the 15' wouldn't fit in my new car after it was almost eaten by a jeep liberty that rear ended me.

Anyway the kickers I love I think they give a good punch (plus I forgot, my friend had 2 10' L7's and now 2 12' L5's so I've heard a few and in different cars. Also I am a fan of the RE xxx's those things are killers. Very heavy though, I'd say they have to way more than any kicker sub their size. Around the same price range and they are powerhungry like kicker. So I duno if weights an issue in your car. Amp.... Well I just stick with what I know best, I have all kicker amps the 1200.1 is my baby but I had good experiance with JBL and they are cheap for the power their db1200.1 or something. Maybe also Hifonics brutus amps are good for the price. Just remember you get what you pay for. Don't buy random stuff like Pyle or Pyrimid cause a 1000watt amp for $60 wont do you any good.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 369
no dont buy kicker subs expecially the square l5/l7/ solo X they have bad sound quality and they are known to break down...that car weights about 3600 pounds i dont think shes too worried about weight

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 612
ok do this setup 1 kicker kx2500.1 amp and 2 15inch eclipse ti's ported to 30hz. now that would be a badass system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us