What do you guys have your LPF and HPF set at ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2439
I have a Pioneer P860 and i have my LPF set at a 12db slope and crossover at 80hz

HPF set at a 12db slope and crossover at 63hz

I am using my HeadUnits Crossovers in my system guys.

I have a ppi a300.2 and they dont come with amp crossovers so i use my HU and my Crossfire vr1000d amp i have the crossover set off on the amp and im using the HU.

My system sounds great this way. Just wondering what everyone else on here have there system set at ?

Is one way better then the other ? Just curious

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4938
I'd put LPF to 90Hz - 100Hz, only cause some songs do contain bass around that area. The HPF, to 80Hz. Anything lower, and you'll notice the components bottoming out due to low bass notes.

On my system, I use 30band equalizer to process the sound.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2440
What components are you running isaac ? My mids arent botteming out but they will im sure once i put in the a600.2 :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4944
I have Diamond Audio and Polk Momo.
I won Zapco Reference 750.2 amp.
Already have the line driver for it, as well as 2 Zapco 30 band equalizer w/ps. If money allows, I will be looking for C2K 9.0 for the sub. If not, I'll use some of my Orion G4 amps.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2445
Thats sweet, I set my LPF to 100hz and with the Avalanche 15 being a low end monster it works out well since it misses alot of the bass above 80hz. With my JL 12w6v2's 80hz for the lpf was perfect. I set my HPF to 80hz just to be safe until i put in my a600.2

I did the auto eq on my pioneer p860 last week and what a differance imaging and sound quality it made. I will never go back to anything else after i heard the differance with auto eq. Its amazing isaac. Really sets your system to the environment of your car and where your head whould be at / Now i dont know where the sound is coming from and its so neat. All the music is in front of me and its so clean and high def.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4953
I use 30 band RTA to tune the equalizer in my car.
Once you go SQ, you can't go back to SPL.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2447
Thats the best way to put it. "Once you go SQ, you dont go back to SPL"

I have always thought SPL is the best until i really used my AUTO EQ feature and learned how to tune a system right. When it all makes sense and you understand your system, the fun begins.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us