Wiring amp with oem headunit

Username: Aznvietboi87

Post Number: 8
i have a 98 integra and i just got to jl subs for it but i dont really want to spend any money on a new head unit and the oem head unit doesnt have any rca jacks behind it. i already laid out the rca wiring and didnt put any speaker wiring along with it. is there a simple solution to using my amp without getting a new headunit and putting speaker wiring?

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
You could get really creative and do some wire splicing, or you could buy a converter that takes ur regular wires and turns them into rca. I forget what they are called but they exsist.

Post Number: 9
i like your converter idea, do you know where i can get one for cheap? and also how well do they work?

Post Number: 10
would this work?
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/loc.htm
-Trunk-LOC

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 74
No. it will not work, You need a Line out converter, preferably a good one. if You do not care, walmart sells them.

Bronze Member
Username: Crashfactoryx

Post Number: 18
using one now, not bad...gotta mess with them a bit to get a good sound, but it's cheaper (20$) than buying a new head unit....

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 557
If you spent all that money on JL setup, I'd go buy an HU and make them sound good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/loc.htm
isnt this a out line converter?
i got my jl subs cost be 300 plus i have to get a amp (another 200) so i dont really have the cash to get a head unit just yet.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1442
that Pac-audio LOC will get the job done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us