Best Amp for 300 Dollars? 500/1 Overrated?

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Alright, I have 300$ to spend on an amp. I *think* I can get a jl 500/1 for 300 at a dealer around here. Reguardless, is the 500/1 ALL that, or is it way overated? I'm thinking of powering a 13 inch w6v2.

Opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2438
Thats the best amp for the 13w6v2 / If you can get it for $300 please dont pass that opportunity up. Thats a perfect match man. ONe of the best 500 watt rms amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 73
Can I buy one also? $300 is cheap

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Well, looks like I'm stuck looking at 440 for it. Is a 500/1 really worth that much, or should I buy something else for 300. Or should I just save up longer and get it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4946
If you're into SQ, then I'd save up and get 500/1. If you want SPL, then there are other alternatives.

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Well, I'm not a superaudiopile who can tell minior differences in things.. I'm mostly looking for SPL, of course not to the point where it sounds shitty.

Anonymous

You found a generous JL dealer at $440 for that amp.
I played four JL dealers against each other for a $1,500 package to get that same amp for $459.

Bronze Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 100
where is that place. i want to get one too.

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Well, I've decided that JL is just way out of my price range. So what can I get that doesnt sound like total crap, but has good deep vibrating bass?
Between 200-300 bucks.

Anonymous

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2748.html

Have a friend who was in your position who got the PG amp above. He's happy as heck with it !!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4948
Orion XTR amps. They're around $200 or less.

Bronze Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 85
would an orion be better than that phoenix gold? cause i have heard people talking about phoenix gold alot lately and im wondering how they are?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4951
I'd pick Orion over PG.

Bronze Member
Username: T0asty

Post Number: 30
thats why u gotta get jl stuff at cost :-)

Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 1
Diamond Audio D3600.1 that's a good amp for the money, around 350 at retail stores.

Username: Blainew

Post Number: 3
if your sub can handle more than 400 watts RMS...buy a different amp on ebay...ebay is the way to go

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 142
PG and Orion are good, old school Soundstream is GREAT:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUNDSTREAM-VGA-600-2-VAN-GOGH-600W-2-CH-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQi temZ5827939890QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Project

Post Number: 1
I have an old school Crossfire CFA1000D. 500 rms @ 2 ohms. (rated at 12.5 volts) Really clean amp. 250 plus shipping. email me if you're interested.

Fashiongal
Unregistered guest
James Palanza, did you live in Long Beach when you were in second grade? If so, I remember you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us