Amp is overheating

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 245
I have a diamond amp, i don't know the model, but its the one thats 600 wrms, and everyonce in a while it goes into protect because it gets really hot. Now, i have a honda accord, and its in the trunk on the back of the seat which is then pressed up against my box, so there isnt really any room for air to ciculate through. I moved the box forward and the amp didn't turn off, but i didn't check to see how hot it is. What Can i do to improve the air ciculation with the box pushed up to the amp because i need the trunk space. I know there are fans, but is there something i should do. I could use some ideas.. im thinking about mounting a fan in front of the amp and letting it just blow over it. is this a good idea?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1907
is it this amp ?
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3011.html

load presented to your subs are not outside the amp's capabilities though ?

u can try an external fan cause its pretty cheap

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 247
Nah, i don't think its the load. It was in my friends car with the amp mounted in free air and it was fine. I didn't change anything when i took it out, so i don't think its the load. I could be wrong though

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 252
if the gain is up too high would this cause it? I really don't think its wired wrong because i believe the subs are dual 8 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 104
It's possible because you could be causing the amp to clip if the gain is set too high. This means that you are asking the amp to do something that it really can't do. I suggest that you Double check the wiring load, and turn down the gain to see if anything happens. Like Rovin said, if that doesn't work, just try a 12V fan.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 253
i know what the gain is.. im thinking its set right, its just getting no air flow. I'm gunna try the fan i think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us