New to car audio, help!

Username: Lakers6902

San bernardino, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
hey everyone im 16, just got my licence on april 14 (my bday :D) and i just got my car and put a stereo in it with the money ive been saving my whole life, i got a pioneer cd player with xm on it (DEH-P2600) and a 4 channel kenwood amp, with a 12' jbl sub. im going to buy another 12' sub and i was going to buy one the sony xplod 2 channel 1000 watt amps, and i was thinking of doing the crossover ive read about but was wondering wat the preamp plugs for on my amp? can i hook a amp through that and get more power than the 1000 watts? just wondering, prolly a stupid question but im new to car audio

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2030
don't bother with the sony
its crap

Post Number: 2
wat u recommend as a 2 channel amp to use for my sub?

Rhino20
Unregistered guest
First of all Mikey, we've gotta talk...
When I was going through your first post, I was thinking "this kid's got good taste..." Yeah... Then... I saw you were going for the sony... Sony's good for 2 things... TV's and DISTORTION! Yeah, the amp will push your subs, but they'll sound like serious dung! You want a good amp, go with a JBL PX600.2, as it's not the PEAK that you're wanting your subs to be pushed at, it's the RMS... The JBL will hit the subs pretty damn hard, and they won't give of the harmonic distortion that the xplode would.

Rhino20
Unregistered guest
Besides, putting the JBL amp and sub together is always a nice touch... ;)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2068
are the subs you're getting single coil or dual coil, and are they 4 ohms (per coil)?

Post Number: 3
iunno wat the sub is, ha, im not that smart with car audio stuff just new, and yea i was gonna get another jbl sub they do hit hard and i like, anyways so i wont get sony i have heard from my friends that they suck at car audio stuff just never was rlly sure, anyways ill prolly get a jbl sub, how is mtx audio amps? i know someone who has a mtx amp on his sub and it sounds ok

Username: Speakerbox

Post Number: 2
Rhino20, you forgot sony is also good for game systems.

Sony Xplod isn't great at all, if you had a 10" or two I'd tell you to go for it if you just wanted to drive around with at least a decent sound. Sony Xplod 800watt (or more) is really a waste of time and money since you can get a better amp 800watts - 1200watts around $100 - $200 which is usually the same price or cheaper than sony.

You should go with a 2-channel (1000watt or more) amp, since I don't know all about the specific amps brands, I'm assuming these guys know what they're talking about.

Reguardless, a 2-channel 1,000 watt amp with two 12"s is a great sound system. Whatever you end up with, the XM satelite radio will also be great with your system.

Just look out for cops when your rear view mirror is shakin.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2103
Michael, if you don't even know what the load for each coil is on a speaker, you better just have soemone do this for you.
You're not equipped to handle this work.

qwertyuiop
Unregistered guest
i like sony :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us