What is the best subwoofer if I want the deepest best and best sound quality?

Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 1
I want a sub with the best bass and also the lowest distortion, i also want it to be very LOUD. I don't care how much I hav to spend, what would be the best sub to get? the only 3 iv looked at so far is the mtx9500 15", the w7 13", and the solo x 18", but iv noticed the the solo x has bad sq and the mtx is as deep and loud, but i no there is a lot of other subs out there, so which is best for the stuff i want?

Anonymous

W7 or kicker L7

Post Number: 2
L7s? i thought the solo x was even better than the L7, but ill probably go with the W7 13", but should i get one or two, and should i get the dual voice coil? i dont know the difference; wuts better a four ohm voice coil or a dual ohm voice coil? also, if i want very deep bass and low distortion, plus loudness, should i get a w7, or maybe eclipse ti, or sumthin else?

Anonymous

it depends, wut amp do you have?? bridged power and ? channels?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 124
if you are only running one sub a dual 2ohm voice coil will run an amp at 1ohm. dual 4ohm will run at 2ohm.

how much money are you willing to spend?

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 75
The MTX 9500 is rated and tested and proven to be better than both a w7 and l7...plus its like 100-300$ less

Anonymous

2 12 inch L7's would be better than the eclipse ti... I'd go with the kicker. Otherwise, it;s a tossup. The 15 incher Eclipse subs will boom but they aren't as accurate as the 12 inch Kickers. However, the L7 is the higher end model as a\opposed to the L5. 2 of them in sealed boxes will defintly shake the earth with a Hifonics Brutus behind them. Put the Kickers in a sealed box though.

If you can get a smokin' deal on the kickers then I'd go with them. The Eclipse subs are nice and flashy but I think they are a little out of the Solo-baric's league. Two different ends of the spectrum. The Solo-barics are tight and powerful. Very clean and accurate. The Eclipse subs are gonna be powerful but not very accurate. They may be a bit louder than the Solo-barics but not that much. The Kickers are also alot more efficient and 1500 watts on the Kickers will probably sound louder than 1500 watts on the Eclipse subs.

this just shows that the L7's are better than one 15" eclipse...

get W7 the loudest, but very expensive...

Post Number: 3
k listen ive never bought a subwoofer or an amp or anything yet so i hav nuthin, but i want to get the best, im willing to pay anything. but not only do i want to know which sub to buy, but what amp should i go with it? i might go for 2 13w7s, but im gonna start off with one. also, i wanted to know what is the difference between 2 subs that are EXACTLY ALIKE except one is (as an example) a 2 ohm voice coil and the other is a dual 2 ohm voice coil

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 119
Out of those three that you have picked the loudest one, if powered correctly will be the Solo X. The w7 has great sq and will get loud. The 9500 beats the w7 on paper, but comes nowhere close to it in real life. the l7 arent reliable. There are other brands out there instead of just those 3. What type of vehicle is this going into?Are you only looking for 1 sub?It says you dont care how much you spend, but in reality how much are you looking at to put down?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2079
First of all, JL is an excellent choice if money isn't a problem. They have very similar amps for their subs... The difference between a SVC 2 ohm and a DVC 2 ohm is the wiring options.
SVC can only be wired to 2 ohms.
DVC can be wired to 4 ohms or 1 ohm.

I really dislike L7's, no offense. But as stated many times (and from experience), the stress points=busted sub sooner or later and they are just loud rather than having good SQ.

Post Number: 4
i do not hav the money to pay for the subs right now, im working towards paying for them, but im willing to pay anything. i didnt mention the other brands because i dont know what they are so i just want to no wut is the single best subwoofer for deepness and low distortion. they are going into a 91 honda accord ex and first im only going 2 buy one sub. also wut is the best amp?

Anonymous

MTX usally has better higher notes and doesnt hit as "deep" as kickers or the w7 would

Post Number: 5
k so so far from what iv heard and read on other posts i should go for the 13w7 and that dual voice coil is better, because id wire it to the lowest ohm, but is the 13w7 very deep? the deepest subs iv heard were, believe it or not, 2 poweracoustik 12s. i no those are a bad brand but they bumped the windshield wipers about 1-2 inches of the window of that guys jeep. so are the w7s really deep?

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Yes they are if you power them correctly. power it by the 1000/1 if you can.

Anonymous

if you are going for one sub you would need a 2-channel amplifier. i would go with a kicker, audiobahn or MTX amplifer. i think you would need a single voice coil, 4 ohm sub for one...

for 2 W7's get 2 dual, 4 ohm woofers and wire in parallel tyo get max out of the amp.

Post Number: 6
k so wut im gonna go for is a 13w7 dual 1.5 ohm wired to .75 ohm, ill get a guy i no to make the box for me, and ill either go with a kicker amp or jl amp. my last question is how much will everything cost?

Post Number: 8
and what would be the lowest frequency the 13w7 could hit?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4930
AM, the question is not what frequency 13W7 can hit, but what music do you have that can utilize W7's power.
If you want both SQ and SPL, get W7 in a HO box.

Post Number: 10
wuts HO box? i dont no all the subwoofer terms yet. i got the music tho, young jeezy's cd can hit pretty low on some songs, so can lil jon's. Also i hav a 91 honda accord ex, wut would be the best dimensions for a box to put it in and wut would be the best style box? im puttin it in my trunk

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
also, how much will a 13w7 with a jl 1/1000 amp cost?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1852
AM - i like your attitude , work hard & get the best .

Out of those 3 u mentioned JL would be the best overall all in a balance of loudness & sound quality . I'm 99% sure the only complaint u read in all those reviews is the price & the 1 or 2 ppl who wants ridiculously loud .

What i would get (if i had your $ -lol) is this get 2 13w7 & 2 JL 1000/1 amps . Will not matter what VC u pick cause the amp can push it between 1.5-4ohms & get also the factory made JL box .

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4933
13W7 and JL 1000/1 amp would cost you around $1500US.
Call or email JL about HO box. You can order one from them directly.
The HO box will sound almost 1.5x - 2x louder than normal enclosure.
If that's out of your price range, then go with vented/ported box with W7s.
The songs that you think has very low frequency bass, is really pumping out 35Hz - 40Hz notes.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1854
hmmmm - i thought u already knew that !

VERY EXPENSIVE ! - lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1855
lol - we posted @ the very same time

but i thought he had already checked prices judging by the tone of his posts .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
k sounds good but wut exactly is an HO box and wut will it cost?
also i dont hav the money rite now, im just researchin which sub i want early cuz i probly wont b able to afford it for about a year lol, but i think i found a good way to make money. ill just replace damaged resistors and transistors on automatic car transmission computers, that way the person i fix it for wont hav 2 pay 600 dollars for a new one; i could do it for like 100- 150 bucks each

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i knew it would b about $1500 but i thought maybe sum1 here knew where i could get it cheaper or knew sum1 that worked for jl that knows how i could get the stuff cheaper... well, i better start saving up to buy it!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1856
From what i've seen online incl ebay - new JL stuff really holds the price & i didn't see anywhere any 'real-deals' , unless u buy it used .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
JL doesnt make an HO box for the 13w7. the make the prowedge though. The HO is a ported enclosure and the prowedge is a sealed enclosure. For the sub adn amp price, JL doesnt authorize there warranty if you buy it online. So the question is do you wnat to buy at it an authorized dealer where you will have the warranty if anything happends or buy it online and the warranty is void. Depending where you live is where you can find a dealer. Just goto the jl website and put in your zip code and they will show up. I knwo at Cartoys the price for a 1000/1 is $999.95 but all they have is a 12w7 online and that is at $799.98. Online you cna find the 13w7 for like $700 and a 1000/1 around $700 too.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 690
dude...you can get much better bass for $1500...I'd get 1 15" mmats juggernaut and a zapco c2k9.0, crossfire vr2000d, or the 1500 watt amp mtx makes in their highest tech models...those setups except for the zapco will cost less and pound harder...get a ported box made to juggernaut specs and you will be in awww

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 75
If you want really deep stuff check out the Avalanche, good sub. I think what you need to do is go and actually listen to some subs. Have you ever heard a properly setup jl 13W7? I dont think you will need 2 of them :-) Make sure that if you do go with all that crazy stuff like 2 JL's and 2 1000/1 amps, that you will prolly need a HO alternator, huge wires, all that fun stuff. But I like the way you research, at least you dont jsut go and buy stuff and THEN see if its good or not.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1190
Yea... JL is highly overrated IMHO. There's many other routes you can go. At least the amp. The RE 12.1 is less than half the price of the JL 1000/1 and has about 300 watts more... Also Orion 1200D, and the list goes on and on... (but they may not be as clean...)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
would it be best to get this guy i no 2 make the box for me or would it be better to get one from jl for the one 13w7? if i had a custom box made would it be louder?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
also wut is the difference between a class d amp and other amps?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 796
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/ampspecs.html

Try this AM

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 957
ya can't go wrong with the RE XXX

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
wut is that? is it really really deep plus very low distortion and good SQ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i looked on re's website, it looks like some of their subs go real deep, but are they deeper than the 13w7 and do they have better sq?

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 807
I would rather have a brahma and an ava then a XXX

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3970
"i looked on re's website, it looks like some of their subs go real deep, but are they deeper than the 13w7 and do they have better sq?"

I'd love to know how you can tell that a sub plays "real deep" just by looking at it. Are you reading the Thiele-Small Parameters, or just going by how the sub looks???

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1193
Probably how it looks... You can't tell how "deep" it'll go. Most of it's ability to reproduce "deep" "sounds" is it's enclosure.

Anonymous

(1) 13W7 in a prowedge box from Jl is all you need. Anything else is crazy over kill unless your just looking to be noticed and heard at wasted $$$$ IMHO.
The HO box is HUGE and you need 36" length X 18" high X 21" to get into that trunk of your 91 Accord. Not to mention the 100+ lbs of weight.

Never seen anyone complain about a prowedge box not loud enough or deep enough. And it definately holds better SQ than the HO.
If you want clean, quick hitting and tight loud bass the prowedge is ideal.
If you want more output and the thunder filled tones that deplete the sq noticeabely get the HO.
Personal preference is at hand, listen to both types of sound if you can before you buy!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
wut about avalanche subwoofers? i heard they are real deep, are they any good? also is the w7 one of the deepest subs on the market? if i were to play, for example, soul survivor, would it sound deepest on a 13w7? is a 13w7 deeper than an mtx thunder 9500 15"? j/w bc a friend of mine has one and i want to beat his.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2448
AM / There is no way you can go wrong with the following subs. Dont try and compare them to much because they are all winners in this forum and i guarantee you will be happy with any of the following.

Avalanche 15 sealed at 2.2 cuft

JL 13W7 in the prowedge box

RE XXX sealed to re specs

Brahma sealed to specs

All these subs can have amazing SQ while giving you all the LOW's you will need

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
k thanks but of those, which is the best overall, which is the deepest, and which is the loudest? also, could u giv me a link to their websites?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2449
Avalanche 15 / www.ascendantaudio.com

JL 13w7 / www.jlaudio.com

RE XXX / www.reaudio.com

Brahma / www.adireaudio.com

Eclipse Ti / www.eclipse-web.com

I think the Avalanche 15 drops really low and i have had real life experience with it. Plus for the price its hard to beat. It comes with a 3 year warranty and excellant customer service. I whould consider JL 13w7 in the prowedge and Eclipse Ti next if you wanna spend more money. They all get very loud and are SQL subs. Thats my 2 cents. I think it really depends on the install and car and amp as far as which will be louder.

Bronze Member
Username: Transient

TaosUSA

Post Number: 13
Hifonics Zues series 12's are excellent sq and handle high power from 3,200w to 6,400w. Also good prices.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 364
no idmax?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
k now im kinda stuck between the avalanche or the 13w7. i havnt looked at the others yet, but the avalanche 15's freq is 15.7 hz! thats deep! but which is better, the 15 or 18? also, what amp goes with them, they do have low watts

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3986
" but the avalanche 15's freq is 15.7 hz! thats deep! but which is better, the 15 or 18?"

You meen the sub's Fs...

You could also look into SoundSplinter Rl-P's, they go somewhat low.

If you do want something that's gonna really put out on the lower end, then there really isn't anything else that compares to the Avalanche. I have one so I can vouche for it. The 15" actually has a lower Fs, and it's gonna be a lot easier to make a box for the 15", the 18's take huge box's. I'd probably only use an 18" in a home theater.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2454
Yeah, Joe is right, get a Avalanche 15 and put it in a 2.2-2.5 cuft box sealed and put in 2 pounds of polyfill and try and get a amp that puts out about 600-800 watts rms and make sure its installed right and just get in the car and find out what the low end is like..

Find a amp that is 1 ohm stable because you wont have to spend as much on a another amp that is 4 ohm stable.

I am running mine with the new crossfire VR1000D which puts out 1000 watts and it handles fine for me and im pleased.

I use to use to have a PPI PCX 2200 which did 800 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged and that was very clean power and a class ab amp

Im using class D now for the efficiency of it which takes it easiar on your electrical system in your car as opposed to a class ab which are better suited for speakers etc..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
k so im goin w/ the avalanche, maybe 2... but sum1 said the thunder 9500s are really deep... so would avalanches kill them in a competition for deepness? also, is one avalanche loud, or should i go w/ 2?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
o ye and wut would it cost for one of them things that measure spl? is there anything that can measure deepness or distortion?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 318
"The MTX 9500 is rated and tested and proven to be better than both a w7 and l7...plus its like 100-300$ less"

Where is everyone seeing these tests? The only sub that really compares to the W7 is the TDX on PAPER..if that's what people are trying to say. And even then, the W7 beats it. It's a top dog SQL sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
its on mtx's website, i dont believe it, but a friend of mine's is loud, but iv never heard a w7. also im more leaning towards the avalanche rite now

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2456
AM if you really like low end bass then just stick with the Avalanche 15 and go 2.5 cuft and get a 800-1000 watt rms amp and you will be smiling once you hear this sub hit the low bass notes. Its sick! I was just out in my car listening to mine with a heavy bass cd and its crazy deep end bass that sounds very good and clean with like no distortion.

Am i cant even imagine sitting in a car with 2 of these 15's. I think one is a monster alone.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
k sounds good i think iv made my decision ty to evry1 that helped me... final question, what dimensions should i build for the box, what amp should i get, and how should i wire it to my amp?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2458
What is your budget for the amp ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i dont really hav a budget for it; ill buy what seems best, but wut r the dimensions for the box and can i port it? could u tell me how 2 build the box and wire it and tune it and everything, i was thinkin maybe a 3 cubic foot box, so itll be a little deeper and still hav sq

Unregistered guest
AM this is what your going to get. 4 kenwood KAC 9102D amps(about $300each), 2 RE XXX 12"s(about $350each), a whole lot of dynamat(whole car...$300), and a whole lot of 0awg 4awg and 8awg wire(+ rca's maybe $200). after box suplies and any shipping look to spend around $2500 for that set-up. this will get loud enough that you wont be able to turn your volume all the way up.you want it to hit so hard youll crack ribs?make a sealed box.you want to be heard from 3-5 blocks away?make a ported box.i could get into huge details about good box dimensions and all that fun stuff but if you still have to save up all that money...i recomend you do all the research you can on the internet and listen to every possible system you can. www.sounddomain.com for wicked forums and information. www.realmofexcursion.com for wicked videos.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2466
STick with the Avalanche 15 and go sealed at 2.5 cuft. I whould ask james longo about dimension size because he actually has that exact setup in his ride powered off a rare old school orion hcca 250g4 and he hits very hard and low.

Mine is at 2.2 cuft and it hits as hard as i want and then some. 1 pound of polyfill for each cubic feet is the way to go. YOu can find this hat walmart or any craftstore. They come in 1lb bags

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
k, but could i use a 800 watt lanzar amp for the avalanche because i can get one for 90 bucks, and what exactly does dynamat do? also could i port the box, that will make it deeper and it can be heard farther away, right? or could i seal it but make it a little bit bigger?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2469
I whould seal it at 2.5 cuft / Are you gonna build the box yourself ? if not you can go to www.woodlawncabinetry.com and speak with phil. He built my 2.2 cuft box. Yeah you could use that 800 watt lanar amp but just make sure it puts out 800 watts rms at 2 ohm or 4 ohm

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2470
Here is james link to look at his box for his Avalanche 15

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803384

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
and what device is used to measure spl and how much does the device cost? is there anything that measures deepness? and wut dimensions should i use for the box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
o ye and wut about one of those cylinder shaped enclosures? how do they work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ye i just found out they dont make avalanches ne more!!! wut about earthquakes? or ne other subs? is there any that r deeper than avalanches and also hav the same or better sq?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2472
Look into the 13w7 next if you cant find the Avalanche 15 anymore. Check out the RL-P sub also and the Brahma by Adireaudio

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
i havnt heard of the rl-p's yet... could i hav a link to their website? also, 13w7s arent as deep as the avs and even brahmas are close but like 200 dollars more

Username: Jhunter631

Marysville, Cali USA

Post Number: 3
I have run lots of different brand subwoofers and amps. The three I have found that are the best for the price:

1)Massive DMX or CW series{www.massiveaudio.com)
2)JLaudio{www.jlaudio.com
3)Rockford Fosgate T3{www.rockford fosgate.com}

BigThump
Unregistered guest
Forget the Brahmas. if you got the cash go with the Tumults. Nothing compares. And when looking at subs its not the frequency it can hit that you want it the Excursion (X-max) measurement of it. That tells you how far the cone moves one way.

A sub is pretty much an air driver and the farther it moves the more air it pushes and more air is more bass.

Anonymous

guys guys guys....

The w7s are actually more of an SPL sub with SOME SOME SOME sq....ITS LOUD....and NOT clean.

also...the first anon at the top with the long post...your a complete retard!

i read most of this thread...Mo, James, Jake, Jake and Isaac are the only ones who said anything CLOSE to smart

Rockford Fosgate T3{www.rockford fosgate.com}

btw...they dont make a T3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
k thanx im probly gonna go w/ 1 or 2 av 15" in 2.5 cubic foot box each... i dont no wut to tune it to because i no nothing about tuning or wut it is or how to do it. ill probly get 1 sub just for spl, too. but the 1 or 2 av's ill jus run 800- 1000 watts to each, but i dont no wut amp. i want to get an amp that will not filter out deeper sounds (like below 20 hz) and i do want one that boosts bass but givs a clean sound and low ohms, but i dont wanna pay 2 much for it... o ye i also want it to hav one of those mounts w/ the lil dial i can use to turn the amp up or down; after that im gonna dynamat my trunk and then bump bummp bump

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2510
I whould go with the 1 Avalanche 15 for starters and go 2.5 cuft sealed. Dont worry about tuning cause your not going ported. IT will sound the best this way. Trust me, this sub sounds much nicer sealed with about 2 bags of polyfill. It will get really deep like this and be loud.

Look into the CrossFire VR1000D and RE 12.1 and JBL bp1000 or older Orion XTR amps on ebay can be found for good prices. All in all you can find a very nice amp for under $400 for it. Im personally running a CrossFire VR1000D and i got mine from www.woofersetc.com and you can find them on ebay for cheaper. Matches the sub hit very hard and clean.

WC
Unregistered guest
Well my friend knows this one guy who knows this one girl and her cousin who knows this one guy and his big brother knows glass wolf and he said he was arrested for bumping loud as hell at night and driving drunk so hes in jail for DUI.

WC
Unregistered guest
lol sorry disregard what i just said above wrong thread lol

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 383
RL-s anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
So a CrossFire VR1000D... sounds good, and its only 400 bucks, so ill get that, also, should i hav the sub facing into the box or the normal way? my friend has 2 10" and he turned one of them facin the inside of the box and its alot louder.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 967
it doesnt matter, just a way to show of the magnet, and if u have audiobum's the flames..

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2512
I whould face the sub the normal way. I think it looks nicer and you can see the woofer while it pushes air. I know you will like this setup AM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
o ok if it doesnt affect theway it sounds ill set it up like normal... also (i mite hav already asked this) is the 15" ava deeper than a mtx thunder9500 12" woofer? and will it b able 2 easily and loudly hit all the notes on the bass check on lil white's cd? i think its at the beginning of song 6, my friends sub hit it but barely, there wuz hardly any noise

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2515
Yeah you will hit all the low notes with authority and drop lower if you stay sealed like i mentioned.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
wut exactly does Fs mean? av 15 is 15.7 hz. also, wut is the decibal/ watt for the av? i checked the website but it didnt say

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4019
Fs - sub's resonant frequency in free air

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
but wut exactly is that? it measures how deep the sub plays, right? and does ne1 know wut the av's spl/ watt is?

Anonymous

1 1000bd punch 4 300watts jl audio subs in my cadillac sts friends beg me to lower it down.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1158
wtf??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
um ok ne if im comparing 2 different woofers is the one w/ the lowest Fs going to be the deepest?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us