Suggestions for w7

Username: Mcnasty37

Post Number: 2
I have a 10" JL W7 in the prowedge box and I just ordered a Rockford Fosgate bd1001 amp. This amps specs are 1000watts RMS at 2 Ohms and 500watts RMS at 4 Ohms. Since the W7 is a 3ohm load I assume it should push around 750watts RMS to the sub. Does this sound like a decent setup? I won't know until the amp gets here and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this amp?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1836
Never used that amp b4 but if u are worried about the 3ohms there is the Phoenix Gold Xenon 600wrms , power between 1-4ohms - a feature the JL amps also have .

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4926
TJ, you'll be fine with that amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4927
One more thing, 10W7 is 500w rms, not 750w. If you look at the manual, 750w is in the red zone. Do not supply that much power.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 239
i have that exact same amp and i was thinking of getting a 12 w7. 750w might be a little much for the 10 like Isaac said. i love that amp especailly the bass knob it's very powerful amp right now i'm running 3 12w3v2 on it.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 689
that amp is underrated too...it will be more like 1150 watts or so @ 14.0 V

Username: Mcnasty37

Post Number: 3
ucfsaxman, does this amp have an overall power output that can be adjusted so I won't risk overpowering the speaker?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4936
Yes, it's called volume control.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 240
ya you would have to keep the bass gain down and don't turn up the volume too much
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us