I need a little amp

Bronze Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 48
i just want an amp to run a pair of door sperkers in a honda cuz my 6x9s in the back drownd them out. i want to spend as little money as possible. any sugestions?

IOWA HAWKEYES
Unregistered guest
haha 6x9's drown them out?- i don't know the exact model but i know MTX makes some really small 2 channel amps, look into those

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1839
How much wrms are they & what ohms - ?

2 chan amps are already pretty much cheap . Check out Hifonics or even better JBL

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2077
Alpine would also be a good option...

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 477
You can pick up an Eclipse EA2212 of ebay for 87 bucks shipped. It puts out 50w RMS x 2. You cant beat that with a stick!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECLIPSE-EA2212-210-WATT-2-CH-AMP-Xover-BRIDGE-BRAND-NEW_W0QQ itemZ5822558864QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 52
they are some streat edge speaker 5.25" i think 50w rms each at 4ohms each

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1858
that Eclipse amp on ebay MIKE D posted just above - will be perfect

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 53
i just checked my speakers, they are 50w max so i need somthing a little smaller, i say a tiny JBL amp ate 25 RMS per channel on ebay and i wish i would have bought it. damnit
any sugestions

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1901
50w max is very tricky - it could actually be around 20wrms or less & a good HU would put out around 20wrms .

Why not replace them speakers ?

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 54
yea... that sucks.
i have an alpine HU at 16RMS but i have a two channel amp on my 6x9s and because i only have 1 set of preamp outputs, when i turn up the "subwoofer" setting on my HU to push my subs, the 6x9s go up too. leaving me with alot of sound from the back, you have to stick your ear to my door speakers to hear them. i donno i might just leave it like it is.

i could get better speakers but that would call for more $money$. which sucks

i was thinking about just getting a 4 channel amp to replace my 2 channel.

is it possible to split the power of the amp to run all 4 speakers? i beleve that would be parrallel wiring right? all my speakers are 4 ohm so it would drop it to 2ohms per channel, which = more power.

would that work???

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 55
yea... that sucks.
i have an alpine HU at 16RMS but i have a two channel amp on my 6x9s and because i only have 1 set of preamp outputs, when i turn up the "subwoofer" setting on my HU to push my subs, the 6x9s go up too. leaving me with alot of sound from the back, you have to stick your ear to my door speakers to hear them. i donno i might just leave it like it is.

i could get better speakers but that would call for more $money$. which sucks

i was thinking about just getting a 4 channel amp to replace my 2 channel.

is it possible to split the power of the amp to run all 4 speakers? i beleve that would be parrallel wiring right? all my speakers are 4 ohm so it would drop it to 2ohms per channel, which = more power.

would that work???

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 56
damnit! double post. i hate that

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1909
well getting new speakers now will be cheaper than buying a 4chan amp .

u could try that wiring trick & see what happens - is possible u can blow out your small speakers ....that'll be some 'fun' now wouldn't it - lol ....

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3981
Xtant.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us