Amp not working

Username: Inuyasha87x

Post Number: 1
I have a kicker kx1200.1 running a 10" L7. I have everything hooked up as it should be, and I checked the voltage of the ground, power and REM, all 12V. should the ground be 12V? What happens when I put in the REM last is that the protection light goes on for a sec, then dims out. Suggestions??

Username: Crashfactoryx

Post Number: 9
the ground shouldn't read anything on a voltmeter,you check the ground for resistance, if you are getting 12v at yer ground you have a problem...where is your remote connected to? Power antenna lead? Remote wire on back of head unit (some have it, older radios do not)? The remote should be a 12v source that comes on when the radio does, or if that's not possible when you turn the key on....

Bronze Member
Username: Ray19_82

Post Number: 11
I having the same problem though when I disconnect the amp wire REM (BLUE wire) the amp stays on, when connecting it swtiches on then fades out. What do I do? Does this mean my headunit is connected to amp still??

Ray

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 71
If you disconnect the remote wire and you still have problems, then something is wrong with amp,. the amp only tuns on from a switched signal, even though power is hooked to the battery. There may be something wrong with the power supply.

Bronze Member
Username: Ray19_82

Post Number: 12
Had done volt reading for all the wiring and power supply everything seems fine. Though when trying to get a reading for the remote wire it does not give out a reading. Does this mean the head unit remote wire is faulty??

Ray

Bronze Member
Username: Crashfactoryx

Post Number: 13
It's a good possibility..you get no reading at all? or a very low reading? I think it needs 12v to turn on though, someone here can tell ya for sure....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us