Have system want to add components need diagram

Bronze Member
Username: Havoc2005

Post Number: 17
Ok heres my setup so far, up and running.
2 type R 10" powered with an Mrd-M605 v12 Mono into a pioneer headunit with Type-S 6.5" front speakers. I just bought my CDT Cl-61 Components and an Orion 8004 4 Channel Amp. How do I go about wiring those to the system what would be the best way?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1423
run a pair of RCA's to the orion 8004...run the typeR's off one pair of channels, the CDt's off the other pair.

as for getting power to the amp...what size wire to you have run to your M605. if is big enough, you could just get a distro-block and split the power wire into 2. if not, just run a run of 4ga to the 8004.

Bronze Member
Username: Havoc2005

Post Number: 18
Im using 8 gauge wires for the mono amp do you think I can use a distro-block and split the power or should i just buy some 4 gauge wires?

And if im not mistaken you dont connect the 4 channel to the mono in anyway?

Basically all i have to do is run another set or amp wires from the battery to the 4 channel then wire the components to the 4 channel and thats it? Should my headunit have another input for speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1427
lots of HU's have outputs for "sub" and "fullrange"...if you Hu has both, run 2 sets of RCA's, one from the "sub" output to your mono block and one from the "fullrange" to your 8004.

also, you will want to go w/ a run of 4ga wire from your batt. you could then use a distro-block to split the 4ga into 2 8ga wires and run an 8ga to each amp (each 8ga would prolly be <3ft).

if your Hu only has 1 RCA output, you will prolly wanna get a crossover.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us