What ta hell nate???

fernando c
Unregistered guest
hey man why dont you ever pick up the phone or return my messages??? the alternator i bought kicks in at 3000 rpm...should i be sending it back to you or what man? i waited forever to get it in the first place and when it gets installed it wont kick in till about 2700-3000 rpms. get back to me. this is for the honda civic 97 1.6 liter. one other thing the pulley on your alternator is a bit bigger than the stock pulley...might this have anything to do with it? should i make a pulley switch? nice customer service.

fernando c
Unregistered guest
bump...nate i dont want to badmouth your customer service after people jerking you off about how good you are but if you give some sort of small solution to my problem it would be of some good use.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1187
Climp out of his @ss. He's a one-man team. Give it a break. If it's that big of a deal, just put the stock one on for now.

He doesn't sell crap, I'm sure it's a mistake. And the bigger pulley is so the alternator spins faster. Just be patient and give him time.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4925
Fernando, what happens at 2600 rmp? Most HO alternators will not kick in at idle speed. How would you know it wasn't supplying the power at lower rpm? Did you measure?

fernando c.
Unregistered guest
ok first i dont complain with out some sort of reasoning behind it... first of all jake how is a bigger pulley going to spin faster? at the same rpm from the crank a bigger pulley will take longer to produce one revolution. second...no...i did not measure how many amps were coming out of the alternator isaac but i do have a voltmeter and a tach meter in my car the. furthermore nate himself has written up a nice little paper explaining that his alts will kick in to 14.5volts around 900 to1200 rpms TOPS. at 2000 rpm the alt is only producing 12.13 volts. and i can tell that it isnt producing enough amperage at that rpm because honda has a diode that senses the current if current flow in the positive at least the battery is getting some charge but if it flows in the negative the car will signal that with a "check battery light" at idle it should be producing more amps than the stock alt.

now i know some things need to break in but two effin weeks? come on. bs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5015
Are you saying at 2600 rmp, you're getting 12.13v from the alternator without any load?
If that's the case, then you have a problem. Your battery normally should be around 12.5v.
The pully on the HO alternator should be as big as your stock or smaller.

fernando c.
Unregistered guest
your damn right i have a effin problem and it seems to be nates altenator...he still hasnt picked up the damn phone! i dont even know what to do...i put the old one back on... at least i wont stall now. i cant believe nate himself wont give some help on this matter. poor service, at least to me.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2523
You upgraded your alternator positive to battery positive to 4 gauge like it said in the instructions right ?

fernando c.
Unregistered guest
dear god...YES!!! i upgraded all my positives and negatives and even added a ground or two...i'm already trying to collect my money back...

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 386
What a whiner.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 441
yo

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4051
The pully should be the same size, and he's right, a larger pully on the alternator is gonna make the alt. crank slower, Jake you have things bass ackwards.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 730
wouldnt want him working on my car.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 642
Ummm...I got a quote from Nick to build me an alt. 180A Powder Coated custom for my car, $295. Should I go through with it when I get the money?

Also, Fernando, Nick tests his alts like 2 or 3 times before shipping and there's a 3 month warranty on them (I know, I asked). So if there's something wrong, don't get your money back, have him look at it, and see if it's something wrong or what.

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
Maybe it's your 1.6L enging :P!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
Tyler: it's engine... And yea, go for it. Nathan is the best I've seen so far. I like to build my own, but he's built a few for friends in the area, and they've lasted years and with TONS of abuse...

And Joe... Yea... I don't know wtf I was on when I posted that...

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
I know it's engine...Jake: it's called a typo lol.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 425
heh... I had an amp go bad, and Nathan not only repaired it for me (it was a part not under warranty, too), but he also paid for shipping back (ups 3 day). Oh, and the amp actually now far exceeds the expectations I had, for sure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222
I was just pointing it out... LOL!

And yea, Nathan's a good guy. I know what running your own business is like...

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 430
I mean alternator, not amp. :-/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us